iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 phase motor running backwards???

Started by LandfillLumber, June 28, 2009, 08:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandfillLumber

Hello, I don't post much,but need some help from you guys.I had Kelvin from the forum help me make a converter to run my 18" 3 phase planer.We got it up and going,but it ran back wards well he changed two wires and it ran fine.We ran some passes of cherry through it everything was a okay.Well then I made a box for it all put it in real nice,only changed a few wires(labeled everything) I also changed the small breaker box that was being used as the switch to fire the idler motor.I get everything all together fire it up it runs backwards,I switch two of the phases and still backwards.I have tried every combo of wires,and it always runs back wards??????????????From what Kelvin tells me and I read on the net is that you "just change two of the 3 phases and the motor runs in reverse" this is not true for my set up at the moment.I'm stumped as everything went back just the way we had it working fine two days before.Any suggestions would be a great help.Thank you everyone,Victor

Ironwood

If the idler starts it backward, it may be running it backward. Try reversing the idler direction for starters.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!