iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tanker crash

Started by Ianab, December 05, 2009, 05:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

So it's early Thursday morniing, you are gassing up your car on the way to work, and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jHcFlY76M

Just around the corner from Lil's mothers house. Tanker driver blacked out and drove his rig through a building!!!

Luckily it was empty and no one was injured.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

BcWoodWorks

Amazing video Ian.

Not only is he lucky that the rig didn't hit cars, and the building was empty, but also that the whole thing didn't go Booooooooom! ( You did mean the building, not the tanker was empty...right?)
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Meadows Miller

Gday

Ian that bloke in the ute was lucky he wasnt going past about 8 seconds later he woulda got collected aswell  :o it just goes to show how close you can get ive had afew and it scared the living daylights outa me :o :o :) :)

The fella in the truck was bloody lucky another 2-3' over he would have cought the power pole  :o and if any ones seen what that will do to a truck at that speed itll pull in up against the chassie rail  once it hits the front axle  then strait into the driver ive seen afew trucks hit small trees and poles on the Hume between Syd & Melb not pretty  ??? ::) :'(

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ianab

Quote from: BcWoodWorks on December 05, 2009, 05:21:15 AM
Amazing video Ian.

Not only is he lucky that the rig didn't hit cars, and the building was empty, but also that the whole thing didn't go Booooooooom! ( You did mean the building, not the tanker was empty...right?)

Building and tanker were empty, but it was milk tanker anyway. Worst things that would have happened would be a REALLY big milkshake  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

BcWoodWorks

:D :D :D :D

That's all I gotta say.
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Brucer

My daughter used to be the assistant manager at a gas station/convenience store/liquor agency. One quiet day in the early winter the staff was talking about how the highways were bare but all the side roads were icy as all get out.

Suddenly one of their regular customers pulled off the highway onto the approach road, going 'way too fast, and completely lost it on the ice. He went by the store window sideways, taking out the two gas pumps, knocking the diesel pump off its base, and finally came to rest against the barrier protecting the propane tank.

By some miracle nothing caught fire -- if someone had been pumping gas at the time it would have been a disaster.

I asked my daughter how she handled it. "While those other two idiots were running out the front door to see if the driver was OK, I was running out the back door, calling 911 on my cell phone." That's my girl  ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

nas

Glad to see the guy pumping gas put the gas cap back on before running to help :)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Ironwood

Boy those folks didn't hesitate to run and help either. I would have made SURE it was a milk truck first. Brave souls.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Tom

Ha!  You aren't kidding me.  They figure there was ice cream in that truck.

Meadows Miller

Or Milk shakes Tom  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

SPIKER

Quote from: Tom on December 06, 2009, 08:59:58 PM

Not sure about you Tom: only way I would have chased it is if it WAS an ice cream truck, "HEY ICE CREAM MAN!!" waving my dollar hehehe/

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

GaryinMississippi

IMERC

Quote from: Tom on December 06, 2009, 08:59:58 PM

and you'd ignore it if was a beer truck???
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!