iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Farmer C4D

Started by Corley5, July 02, 2010, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Here's what's replacing my Iron Mule

It's a Tree Farmer C4D with a four cylinder Duetz.  It's been aerosol overhauled but I saw the machine before it was painted the WRONG color.  I've had my eye on it for about three years actually.  They also replaced the center pins and put new glass in the cab when it was painted.  It's got 3,700 original hours on it.  The tires are better than 80%.

It's got a Cranab bypass bucket and a continous rotator on the Hood loader

It also came with a nice pair of ice chains  8)  Before I put it to use it needs it's filters changed and the hoses switched around on the valve body.  They're all different than the Mule.  It'll be easier to switch them around than to retrain myself  ;D :)  It runs nice, has good power both in the engine and hydraulics and has good paint even if it is the wrong color.  That's gonna bother me  :-\ ;D  The correct Tree Farmer paint code was 200 bucks a gallon.  They had this mixed for 20 bucks a gallon  ::)  Looks more like a Stieger than a Tree Farmer  ::) ::)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

treefarmer87

that is one of the best looking machines i have ever seen. it will last you a long time. the paint is good lookin too
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

donny hochstetler

nice looking unit, with those hours, and a little common sense you'll make a lot of money with it, good luck on your new toy

Don K

Wow!!! :o That is nice. If I had it I wouldn't care if it was painted Hunter Orange.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Coon

Just go play around in the first mud hole you can find with it if you don't like the color.....  :D  :D Put it to work and don't worry about the color a few scratches will dull its shine.  ;)

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Reddog

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Autocar

I like the color, I have a C7T Treefarmer grapple skidder and I repainted it with forest green it works but yours catches my eye. But paint don't make a machine so I hope it gives you plenty of years of service.
Bill

Tom

I kinda like that lime green color too.  It might not be original , but it's "original" and you won't lose it in the woods.  :D

saltydog

did anyone notice the bottom of the bunk is still straight ? wow it is low hours thats a cleen tree farmer .nice simple easy to fix machine.watch useing the chains theres no give there. real hard on the smaller c4 planeteries both of my c4s got bigger c6 planetaries installed.thats awfull close to the green i painted mine. it grows on you. let me know if its ever for sale.it would be like driving a new car to me.
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

D Hagens

I know absolutely nothing about these machines so I searched the web to see what colour they came out with originally.
My conclusion is this, your colour rocks and your machine looks sharp! They should've chosen your colour as the factory paint!
It makes it look sharp and very mean and professional looking!
Hope it lasts many years and brings you lots of food to your table. :)

treefarmer87

most treefarmers i have seen are that color. the one i have is yellow
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

D Hagens

Quote from: treefarmer87 on July 04, 2010, 05:19:59 PM
most treefarmers i have seen are that color. the one i have is yellow

K I know I'm in my truck and the sun is on the screen a bit but I thought that they were all yellow? I also thought I saw a dark gree one? I really know so little about these! :D

Sam Strom

hey, do any of you guys know what this color is? im looking to paint my C5D and my 405 buncher this color with black cabs and wheels. looking to get cheap equipment enamel and just touch it up when it gets beat up. thanks in advance

-sam-

Logger RK

All my Eq is painted with a similar color. Mine is Rustolum Sour Apple Green & Black. My Son just bought a Tree Farmer C7D Grapple,which I believe will get a paint job shortly. If you can't afford new,it's know reason it can't look good we figure

Thank You Sponsors!