iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new arrival in the barn !!

Started by isawlogs, August 20, 2010, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Our miniature goat had her first born today just after noon. This kid is really tiny , you can cover it up with both hands side by side.  :) Mother aint much over if it is 18" ,  ;)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Okrafarmer

Nice! congratulations! Hope the baby does ok as cold weather approaches. Is this your normal time of year for the goats to kid?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

isawlogs

The kid will be fine with the weather , it will grow a winter coat . I aint real sure if there is a good time to have the kids , ( these are my wifes little tresures ) I only get to take pictures and make hay for them  ::) :D Well I also do get to spread the gloden nuggets they leave behind.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

There is nothing cuter that little newborn babies.  Sounds like you are not going to run out of caretaking jobs.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

We have six sheep, a bunch of chickens, 3 guineas. One of my boss's goats is staying at my house because she keeps getting caught in the fence and it's easier to find her on one acre instead of 15! :o :o :o  I'm hoping to buy some feeder pigs soon. Boss has three already.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

jim king

I love goats, they have about the same personality as a cat.  I used to have a pet goat and every night he would come into the office and have a beer and eat everything in the ashtrays.  One day the secretary was typing a contract and Bill was in front of her desk eating it as it came out of the machine.  They are great.

Banjo picker

We had goats for a while...One nanny had twins , she died and the wife raised the babies on a bottle...She called them Pee and Poop as that was what they mainly did. :D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

SwampDonkey

Marcel, does she milk'm or make cheese? Or just the family pets? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

She has plans for that , but for now they are just barn heaters.

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Some day I'm gonna journey out your way. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

Congrats Marcel   8) 8) 8) 8)

It has your eyes..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

SDm you where close enough the other day  :D , all you needed to do is turn right and down some, any time you want to burn some gas and take a few days off , just let me know I will give you some directions , have lots of experience in giving those out  ;D

Steve,  Thanks ,  ::) I'll send her your way so you can start your own little herd !!!

Marcel

SwampDonkey

So your on the South shore of the St Lawrence, Marcel?

isawlogs

Yes , just north of Vermont and ouest of lake Memphrémagog.

Marcel

SwampDonkey

It's 250 miles to Magog through Maine and the tips of New Hampshire and Vermont and about 500 miles to Granby by Canada route. :D

WDH

That little kid is cute.  It does favor you a little, mon ami  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

SD,  Look up Potton as a destination on googllle maps , it should give you a good Idea as to time travel , add fifteen minutes to what they saye to get here.

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I already figure on 6 hours Marcel, as those northern roads wouldn't be fast roads once you leave the Interstate 95 in Maine.  So, if I left here at six, that would allow me enough time to reach you before dinner and maybe peel the potatoes. ;D :D

It's 8-9 hours the long way to Montreal depending on whether you want to keep up with traffic. :D

SwampDonkey

Marcel, your at Highwater, so is the border crossing still open from North Troy, Vermont? Your only 40 miles from Magog. Your like me, can look at border monuments out the front door. ;D

Quickest way from here is to Bangor, get on route 2 to St Johnsbury, VT, and up 91 and take a cross road over from Newport to North Troy around the bottom end of the lake. Nothing to it. ;D

isawlogs

Yep thats still open , from the crossing , go two kilometers , you will be at a train track ... DON'T cross it , take the dirt/gravel road to your left and then keep right ( stay on main road ) till you get here another 3 1/2 kilometers. Ya can't miss it , its the end of the road  ;D :D

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Hey we're neighbors now. :D

That seems to me an early October trip with the fall colors. ;)

isawlogs

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Seen two deer on my block today, they were down in a bog area. Don't know what they would eat unless it's cranberry/blueberry bushes and cotton grass. Hard chewing spruce bows. Seen a coyote on my way in about 2 miles away from there and 2 moose (cow and calf) on my way home across a hardwood area. The last three blocks I've been marking out some fellows have their moose hunt signs up. ;D

Pudge

Too cute......I will NOT show this to Katy.....

Thank You Sponsors!