iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a sawyer in southern NC

Started by Ga Mtn Man, September 28, 2012, 11:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Had a guy contact me today off of my website looking for a sawyer near Boiling Springs NC to saw one large (30"x 15') white oak log.  A little too far for me for one tree. move_it move_it  Anyone  know of someone sawing in that area?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Tell him to load it and go 33 miles South.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scsmith42

Define "large" please. :D

I'm about 4 hours east of him and have a swing blade mill.  I'm good for up to 5' in diameter.

If it's less than 36", send him down to David
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll saw it.  smiley_thumbsup Paul and Steve can off bear.

I know.........THE WHITE OAK PROJECT !

Ga Mtn Man

David,

I do think it's about time you put the "portable" back in move_it"Portable Sawmill" :D :D :D

clww

...And once he does, he can drive a bit further NW and I can sure use his expertise, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I have fallen and can't get up.  whiteflag_smiley  Once you turn on the "portable" faucet, you can't shut it off.  They just keep coming, and getting further away.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 29, 2012, 02:06:23 PM
I have fallen and can't get up.  whiteflag_smiley  Once you turn on the "portable" faucet, you can't shut it off.  They just keep coming, and getting further away.   move_it

Well how about you take this job Magic? North Carolina is beautiful this time of year.  :D

Riggs

David is right MM, North Carolina is looking good right about now.  Come on up, I see grits in the future...
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Magicman

Now let's see, $1.25X700 miles=$875 for travel and setup to saw one 30" X 15' log that will scale about 600 bf of lumber.  Somebody is gonna be unhappy when they see that bill.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Magicman on September 29, 2012, 04:43:27 PM
Now let's see, $1.25X700 miles=$875 for travel and setup to saw one 30" X 15' log that will scale about 600 bf of lumber.  Somebody is gonna be unhappy when they see that bill.   :-\

But he says it's a very nice log... 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 29, 2012, 04:43:27 PM

Ya take a check and hold 'til Monday thar "Southern Boy"?   :D

Buck

Well how about you take this job Magic? North Carolina is beautiful this time of year.  :D
[/quote]

He ain't joking! :o It's nice.      I'm stuck over here without a mill so I'm out! ;)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

Now if it was a Very Valuable Walnut log.......MMMmmmmmmm   8)

Okrafarmer

It will be very valuable by the time you get done milling it!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!