iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood magazine kiln

Started by coyotencuttin, September 14, 2010, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotencuttin

and associated questions. i'm getting ready to build the kiln but i have a couple questions to everybody first. i have the article from the magazine but the spec's are a little vague. are there an actual set of plans available somewhere? i've cut up some oak for floor joists and 2x4 for walls( full size 2x material) and i also have some elm to use. would the elm cut to true 2x4 work for the short wall of the kiln as a stud? i've used the search feature here for more info on the "magazine +kiln" and have read what others have posted about the kiln and it seems like a good starter/small scale kiln.is there any other info needed before i start building? i'd appreciate any extra information.  harold
Woodmizer LT 40 Hydraulic.

sawwood

Harold Wood Magazine has plans for sell, Check there web site as i bought one couple
of years ago, We just finished our kiln and have our first load in now. Look at my photo
and there are a couple of it there. We used old lumber to build ours.  Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

metljakt

I too downloaded the Wood Magazine Solar Kiln plans.  My point of concern is that my location at Latitude 46 the humidity here is 18-24% with summer temps well over 100F.  I once mesured my attic temp with ventilation at 161F.  Is this thing going to work too much for me?

DR_Buck

If you're building a solar kiln, check the Virgina Tech Solar Kiln.   

http://www.woodscience.vt.edu/about/extension/vtsolar_kiln/
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!