iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 1400

Started by ladylake, January 11, 2011, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

TK just sent me a email about thier new 1400 mill.

Hyd up and down
Hyd feed
Hyd chain turner
32" between the guide rollers with 16" clearance above the blade
Auto clutch
25hp Kohler
Hiway transport package
Stainless bed caps
For $11600.  Sure sounds like a lot of mill for the money.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

paul case

sure does! what is the length of cut?
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

r.man

Maybe it's like new cars and such. For that price you get 4 feet of track but extra track is available for more money.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

ladylake

The email didn't say what lenght, more than 4' I'd guess, most likely 16'.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

stiff202

Hello: I just got that same timberking email and mine said manual log turner. Whats up.

Ron

paul case

given their previous number scheme i bet its 14''. after custom sawing for 2 1/2 years i wouldnt buy a mill with less than 16' cut.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ladylake

Quote from: stiff202 on January 11, 2011, 06:27:32 PM
Hello: I just got that same timberking email and mine said manual log turner. Whats up.

Ron

Your right, I can't read anymore . Manual bi directional chain turner.   Steve

mad murdock

must be too new of a deal for their website only lists the 1600 and the 1220. sounds like a fairly good value though.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Wrangler55

Wouldn't you know it... I've had my 1220 for a week and this one is only $3000 more than I paid for my manual mill...

Hal
I'm so covered with sawdust, my nickname should be dusty...

fstedy

Hal
You should still have the 30 day trial option.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Wrangler55

I know I have 30 days, but unless the 1400 is a 2000 in disguise, I think I'll stick with the 1220.  It's going to do everything I need a sawmill to do.

Hal
I'm so covered with sawdust, my nickname should be dusty...

T.J.

i called them today and they told me it was a 17' cut.

i was thinking about buying a 1220 and unlike Hal i would have been real mad if i had and them knowing a better mill was about to come out and saying nothing before hand.

now i may just try the LT15

ladylake

Power feed and up and down is nice, I sure wouldn't want to be without it.  17' is good then you can cut 16' without haveing the log positioned perfect. In that email they said they were only going to sell 5 mills at $11600 then up around $13000 kind of like they did with the B2000  $22500 to start and soon up to $24500. I wonder how that manual chain turner works, might be easy to put a hyd motor and cylinder on it.   Steve

Handy Andy

Looking at their numbers, looks like they are competing with Cooks MP32.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

ladylake

Yes the Cooks MP32 is kind of close in price but I'd sure take hyd feed and up and down rather than electric. Also the 32" wide cut and 17'  vs 16' is a lot of difference, you can cut 16' without having to have the log on the mill perfect with square ends.   Steve

jander3

I have the 1220; I really like the TimberKing mill and the support.  The 1220 does everything I need out in the middle of the woods.  But if I was looking to saw for anyone else or to set up a buisness, this 1400 sure looks like a great first step in that direction.

Thank You Sponsors!