iDRY Vacuum Kilns

chknhwk having trouble registering on forum

Started by mtngun, May 20, 2011, 10:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtngun

This was posted by "the chknhwk" on AS.     I'm just relaying the message for him.

QuoteForestry forum

Tried to register over there yesterday and I never get a confirmation email, so I tried again, and same thing. Does it take like a week or something? Only reason I posted here is because It seems like they have a pretty active milling section.

Jeff

Odds are that if he tried to register, and did not get a proved right away, is that he didnt read the registration notes on how to make sure we know he isnt a spammer trying to get in. The spammer's are a tricky lot, so its a never ending battle to stop them. When registering, the person must give a reason for joining that lets up know that they are a real person wanting to be part of the group.

At the top of the registration page there is the following text. If you just blow by it, odds are you won't get approved.

**IMPORTANT NOTES**
FIRST YOU MUST BE HUMAN, AND BE ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTENT BELOW OR YOU WILL BE REJECTED.

**YOUR REASON FOR JOINING WILL BE LOOKED AT STRONGLY IN THE REGISTRATION APPROVAL PROCESS. TWO OR THREE WORD ANSWERS MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. BE CLEAR, CONCISE AND RELATIVE OR YOU WILL BE REJECTED**

**USER NAMES DESIGNED TO ADVERTISE BY CONTAINING BUSINESS NAMES, DOMAIN NAMES OR EMAIL ADDRESSES WILL BE REJECTED**

**THE FORESTRY FORUM IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISING VENUE.**
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mtngun

Thanks, Jeff, I forwarded that information to The Chknhawk.