iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

353 won't start

Started by graves logging, March 17, 2012, 03:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graves logging

I just droped in a new engine today in my skidder. I can get it to start. It kicks and kicks black smoke out of the muffler like its getting its fuel. Not sure what I did wrong. 

Bobus2003

When i Rebuild my 4045T Deere Motor I had the same problem.. And if i gave it enough Ether I could get it to stay running, but smoked like a freight train.. I had to pull my Injectors and Have them Reset by an injector shop.. Reinstalled and it fired right up and ran smooth

beenthere

Quote from: graves logging on March 17, 2012, 03:00:10 PM
I just droped in a new engine today in my skidder. I can get it to start. It kicks and kicks black smoke out of the muffler like its getting its fuel. Not sure what I did wrong.

I assume that you meant "can't" get it to start. ??

Or does it start and run while pouring out black smoke?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

graves logging

Sorry I mean can't get it started when u turn the key it kicks like it wants to go. And puffs black smoke

Stephen Alford

Are you sure the kill switch on the air intake side is not engaged , just a thought.
logon

lumberjack48

Sounds like the emergency kill switch is shut, re-set it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

graves logging

I think I have a injector problem.

lumberjack48

Check blower intake, make sure its clear, just checking gl
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

OntarioAl

+1 for Lumberjack48
There is a spring loaded flap that shuts off the air to the blower if it was accidently tripped the engine will not start and will blow black smoke (its getting fuel but no air).
Al
Al Raman

snowstorm

if it ran ok before you put it in. you must have asked. didnt have the valve cover off did you? do anything to the gov? check all fuel lines blow back into the tank to make sure. fill the fuel filters with the filters on take the plug put on the filter base fill it till it runs over bolth of them. you still may have to blow air into the tank. they use a gear pump it has to have fuel in it to pump. also make sure the restriction fitting is in the head. its the return line back to tank. without that fitting it return most of the fuel back to tank.

BOBWOOD

I'm no expert but I had the same problem as Bobus with brand new injectors...had to have them reset at the shop then it fired right up...BOB

snowstorm

one other thing is cranking speed. the starter needs to turn the motor fast enought to start

graves logging

All fixed up. 2 injectors sezied. Works good now. Thanks for rhe input

lumberjack48

I presumed everything was new in engine. Glad you got'er running,  8)  off to the races now.

graves logging

It was a rebuilt.  but sat for 3 years. And never started

s grinder

Your lucky,if those injectors were frozen in the full fuel position,you would have had a run away,the rack and governor couldn't over power the frozen injectors and would run wide open till it blew or floated the valves. It is always wise to periodicaly check your emergency shut off cable and flap to make sure its not frozen.

graves logging

Ya I had a 305cr cat run away on me it blew up. Then cought fire

graves logging

By the way I did not know how wore out my 353 was. I thought it worked good til it blew up. The power this rebuild has is unreal

Thank You Sponsors!