iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hope my experience with Wood-Mizer gets better

Started by Kingcha, April 17, 2013, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

Being a member here since almost the beginning, I have seen more than a few threads with titles like this.  I can understand venting. I can also understand negative comments about a company even if they are a sponsor.  The thing about this company is  that the Forum is full of examples where they have gone above and beyond to provide good customer service.  When they do screw up(and they have occasionally) they always admit it, apologize, and then they make it right. I can't think of another company I deal with that does that consistently.
I'm not bashing Kingsha, and Woodmizer doesn't need me to defend them.  I guess I'm just suggesting that people hold off on their venting until the issue is resolved before posting. And after it's over, if Woodmizer or any other company does not take care of the problem, then vent away!
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

doctorb

OK - the view (opinion) from afar.

1.  Calling a company after 4:30pm is not a way to get an immediate response / solution to your problem.  Leave a message and call back after office hours begin the next morning.  Venting here during that limbo period will not solve anything.  If you had asked for help, I am sure many replies would have said to leave a message and call back when the office is in full swing the next morning.  If that had occurred , this thread would have a different tone.  So maybe a litle decaf might help that end of the problem. ;)

2.  You're anxious about your expensive purchase and expect everything to be right from the equipment to delivery.  Looks like it wasn't and you were unable to adjust to the new schedule.  The problem was corrected within 24 hours of your original post.  So now, it seem like much ado about nothing.  WM was attentive, as usual.

3.  There are many defenders of WM here because A) they have a long history of treating their customers well (see posts), B) many WM millers love their machines, and C) many threads document their responsiveness.

4.  The internet is full of places to whine and vent.  This forum is different.  Many established members have gone off on a rant from time to time, including myself, so that by itself is tolerated as long as the conversation remains civil and productive.  That's what Jeff is requesting.  Sure, he's going to defend his sponsors but, IMO, it's bigger than that.  When a thread's purpose, including its title, is solely to be critical, it gets under his skin and goes directly opposite to the way we standardly converse here.  It's like I started a whiny conversation just after you've invited me into your home.  As a guest, I'd not be terribly welcome.  But if I recognized my part in that problem, I am sure we'd get along fine.

So, and I think we all agree, good luck with your new mill and in your dealings with WM.  Seems like you both came out OK on this one, even though the road was a little bumpy.  Look forward to your progress with the mill. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!