iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much sawdust can an F250 haul

Started by Magicman, July 26, 2013, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

inside of the cab ??   :-\  It's time to clean out the truck getting ready for the Pig Roast trip, and there is sawdust in every nook and cranny. 

First, I vacuumed it out, then I used a Swiffer Duster which did a good job of capturing dust.  Next, I got my bucket with warm water and a cloth to really polish my job off.  About that time Pat came out, looked, and wanted to know when I was going to clean the inside of the truck cab.   :-\   

At least with the Tundra the interior was tan and you could not readily see the sawdust.  With this black and gray, nothing hides.  Well that job is done, the truck camper checked out with all systems go, so Monday's blast off is nearing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

loggah

I would have just used a leaf blower !!!! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Al_Smith

Quote from: loggah on July 26, 2013, 07:33:53 PM
I would have just used a leaf blower !!!! ;D Don
:D I was thinking the same thing .

WDH

He said that he had sawdust, not leaves  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

js2743

best way is to use compressed air to get in those nooks and crannies. and just keep blowing till its all out.

Magicman

Actually, I have used a leaf blower before.  Everything must be tied down tightly to keep your stuff out of your neighbor's yard.  It will also make the interior smell like exhaust fumes.  I did blow the RAV4 out last week after hauling wedding flowers for a couple of days.  I could have used the large air compressor, but then I would have had to think of doing it.   smiley_dizzy  Thanks for the reminder js.   :)

I kinda hate that my nice truck has to be a work truck, but then that is what it was bought for.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

They should make a truck with dents and scratchs already installed .That way a person wouldn't have to fret about it .

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Al_Smith on July 27, 2013, 07:59:35 AM
They should make a truck with dents and scratchs already installed .That way a person wouldn't have to fret about it .

Next new truck you buy, bring it to me and I'll install all the aftermarket dents ands scratches you want...for a nominal fee  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Al_Smith on July 27, 2013, 07:59:35 AM

Like this?

When possible, I strip down to my boxers and take a bums bath with an old wash cloth when I complete a job, then put on clean clothes. Helps keep the cab clean, and makes the ride home more comfortable.

Of course, sometimes I forget to put the windows up in the truck while I'm milling. Then I get to ride home in a sawdust blizzard.... :-\

Al_Smith

I get a kick out of those "cowboy limosines" in the parking lot at work .There will not be anything hauled in them much more than a set of golf clubs for at least 10 years and the third owner has the truck by then .

IMO a truck is a tool .While some might have the comforts of a fancy Cadillac it's still a tool .Then again you can dump the price of a decked out Caddy or Lincoln in one if you so desire I suppose .

justallan1

I agree Al, all of my trucks are tools. My '93 ¾ ton has all the basic tools I think I may need for the tractors and equipment and a portable welder in the back seat, plus my 4-wheeler, a shovel and polaski, extra fuel and fencing tools that ride in the bed in case of fires, and that truck makes my '97 that I use for my mill look pretty.

Allan

Dave Shepard

My first truck was an '85 Dodge crew cab W350 with a cap. I always said, if you need it, it's in there somewhere. :D I believe in taking the best care you can of a truck, there DanG expensive, but they are going to get worked.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

maple flats

That's like my '01 F250 4x4 diesel, just like Prego spaghetti sauce, "it's in there"
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Chuck White

I usually use the leaf blower first, then the wisk broom, then the leaf blower again!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Busy Beaver Lumber

I bought a nice 3 foot long blow gun with a curve by the tip to attach to the compressor and it is fantastic at getting sawdust out of hard to reach places. A few times a year. I line up fans at the overhead doors and just start blowing everything down and let the fans blow it outside the building. Have used it to clean out sawdust from the cab of the truck a time or two as well. works great.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!