Sponsors:

Texas Wood

Started by Texas Ranger, September 09, 2013, 02:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Looks good.

Any more info to go along with the pics?  How long ago were the pics taken? And where? and which SYP?

Maybe it is unknown info..  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

This was an 80 year old native loblolly stand in Polk County, Texas.  The big ones were around 40 inch diameter, some bigger some smaller.  It was in a 500 acre southern pine beetle spot back in the '80's, we cut near one million board feet before we had it controlled, and left a lot more in the woods.  One particular acre cut some 30,000 board feet of loblolly in 15 trees.  I enjoyed watching two trees load a 18 wheeler up.  Just found the photos.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

mesquite buckeye

I thought you guys only cut crooked oak, cedar and a few mesquites. :o ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I wished I would of taken more picture here of the white pine my Father and me cut here. Some was 50 inches arcoss,a few was just about 60. When we started my Father said,We better get rid of the big ones first. Good thing too. They redid the mill and told us nothing over 48 inches. My father said,Fine,the big ones are all gone now. We still had plenty to cut that was under 48 inches.Cut those big ones, and it really opens up the forest.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!