iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You think you got a crab problem....

Started by island boy, September 24, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

island boy

These little 8!@#%^&* (invasive green crabs) have been wreaking havoc on our clam flats. Make sure you watch this with your volume up to get the full affect.
If we could harness the energy of these freaks of nature we could put them to good use around here. 

http://youtu.be/SXjH8AJ6xiM

snowstorm

there was a kid on the dock in belfast with a crab trap. i asked how long it needs to soak he says it will be full in less than 5 min

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

island boy

Not much meat on them but they sure could eat you! Have you picked clean in no time.   :-\:o

Mooseherder

Create a market for them in China and pull the pots up full every hour. ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sale them to Publix in Florida. They won't know the difference.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Want some Great Lakes Zebra Mussels sent there to take care of them?  ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 24, 2014, 08:30:13 PM
Sale them to Publix in Florida. They won't know the difference.  :D :D :D

$300.00 an lb?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

tule peak timber

Island boy , About 35 years ago I found a use for slime eels here on the west coast . Slime eels were so bad they would strip baits from traps within minutes to hours -just like your video of the crabs.......That said , get to work ! Today on the west coast you actually need to buy a permit to trap slime eels. Right off the bat I can think of two uses ,,,, and that is less than one minute of time. The internet is a wonderful place , make use of it !  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Southside

Grind them up shell and all, make a liquid compost out of them and sell them to the organic farming market, it would be better than the kelp or fish fertilizer that is out there because it would have the calcium from the shell.  Stuff sells for around $25 a gallon. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

I dare you to Google images of "Coconut Crabs"  :D

Then you will see what a crab problem really is.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Tom L

you can sell those green crabs here in the tri state area by the truckload during blackfish season

they sell for a lot of money

Thank You Sponsors!