iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Notification Q's...

Started by sigidi, October 06, 2004, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

when ya get a notification of reply to post ya watchin, can ya get it so that it opens in a new window rather than use a window you've already got open ???

and what about if you reply to the topic do you still have to get the notification ???
Always willing to help - Allan

Jeff

All I can say is it works how it works. Where it opens from your email has nothing to do with the forum.  ???
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sigidi

Cool no worries Jeff,

probably a setting thing on my side of the fence. Thx

One other thing do you guys ever sleep? Ya always here to help out with just about anything.

Jeff

I have never figured out how windows decides weather it is going to take over a window or open a new one, so rather then cahnce it, here is whatI do. When I am afraid of losing a browser window I want to keep open, I click Control and N. This opens a cloned browser window of what You have been doing with all the back button stuff and history intact. That way if the window gets taken over, I got the new clone, identical to it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

Jeff GREAT tip on control N...........saves me a buch of hassle............. ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

sigidi

Ripper tip there Jeff,

now if I can just remember it... ;D

Tom

Somewhere on this fool thing is an option to "always open in new window".......or not!

I can't find it but I know it'st there because I have it turned on.  Almostt everything I start, starts in a new window except links in favorites, which always seem to start in the original window. :-/

DanG

I'm just about in overload mode trying to keep up with one window. Whatever would I want with another one? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sigidi

My 5 y.o. daughter was just looking over my shoulder while I was reading the post...

then she got all excited and jumped up and down asking if I was talking to Santa Claus? - Tom's pic!!! ;D :D

Geese I thought we had just got past Easter not Christmas coming already ;)

Ianab

Newsflash
Due to wetter than normal weather Santa has traded his sleigh in on a canoe...

Remember you heard it 1st on the FF  :D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Gilman

[windows key] - E is also a handy shortcut.  Thanks for the tip Jeff.

Hey Santa, I've got a bone to pick with you. >:(
When I was 6 you gave me a used dirty Tonka truck.  I wouldn't have minded so much but I was playing with the dang thing in my grandmother's sand box the night before.  That was a dirty trick to play on a 6 year old.  :'(
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Tom

I ran out of switches, Gilman.  :D  Besides,  That was probably my brother.  See, I'm not really Santa, my brother is.  I do a lot of watching and telling though, so, you better be good. :) :)

Gilman

Glad to hear you ran out of switches.  I guess a dirty truck was better than a whoopin.  :D

I've started an alias for when I want to post bad stuff. No point in taking any chaces with any of the Claus's.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

sherwood

Sigidi,
Hold down the (SHIFT) key while clicking on almost any
link and it will open a new window. Sometimes I go a little over board with this and have over 30 windows open at a time.
Right now I have 18 open.
Pain in life is mandatory. Suffering is optional.

sigidi

Way to cool Sherwood :D

Thanks.

What milling are ya doin?

sherwood

Sigidi, You're welcome.  I live out here in the sticks in central WI, we just have dial up so this little trick works good.  I open a bunch of threads that interest me most first, like here in forestry forum, all at the same time and let them load.  This way I can begin reading the pages that load first and let the others load while I'm reading what loads first.  And with a bunch of threads open, I can read them later off line incase someone wants to use the phone!
As far as milling, my Kasco sawmill has laid idle for almost a year.  It will soon be humming as I just brought up three logs out of the woods that were too good for firewood.
Pain in life is mandatory. Suffering is optional.