iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old generators

Started by forester2009, May 07, 2016, 09:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

The flap in the blower is the emergency shut off. It must be open all the time to run. There will be a shut off connected to the governor, too, which shuts the fuel of to kill the engine.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Satamax

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

So, flap is closed, and two of the pump injectors were stuck. So all the ramp is on full blast. Thankfully i have opened that head cover. I dismantled one, got it unstuck. But the idiot in me had to win. I haven't checked the position of the pump's plunger!  :(

So i need to find the way to reassemble properly. And may be  before, to find why it got stuck!

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

ozarkgem

seems like there is a special tool setting the injectors. I have mine overhauled and the mechanic had to borrow one. Not sure how its done but I bet there are some Detroit guys on here that do.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Dave Shepard

You can use a tool, or the depth end of a set of calipers. You'll have to Google the measurement for your injectors.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Satamax

Guys, i think you mean the depth of plunge given by the rocker. Because there is no adjustable part inside the injector, as far as i know.

But that kind of you to watch this thread. It doesn't make me feel alone in front of old WW2 manuals etc.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

lewis

any 71 manual will show how to time the injector, you need the tool to set the injector highth of the pintle on the injector I think the oil and smoke is coming from the air box drain and the flap on the blower has a latch on it, if you run the engine with the flap closed you can suck the seals out of the blower,and that could explain the oil coming out of the airbox drain,somtimes this will cause the engine to runaway if the flap is suddenly opened, it uses cc oil for fuel

Satamax

Lewis, and guys. I had two stuck injectors. We started dismantling saturday or sunday. I might buy new nozzles, as one has only one hole left, and it's pissing.

And it's back to running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykJObv-6-oM&feature=youtu.be

I think the flap doesn't seal well. as i can't stop the engine with it. I will need to open the blower :(

And it's producing "juice"  (du jus in french) 375vac aproximately. For a nominal at the time of 380vac. I will need to check the RPMs.

I just noticed, it seems, by the little grey  indicator, that i am around 53/54hz. Nominal here is 50.

So i would need to lower the rpm

What does control the voltage? Exciter's voltage? If that, that can be modified easily.

Any idea about what this is?

Three positions, big adjuster screw, and linked to the governor.

Thanks a lot guys.

lewis

the rpm's set cycles,the voltage adjust could be a rheostat or a variable resistor that sets exciter voltage,but exciter voltage only controls output voltage

Satamax

Thanks a lot Lewis.

So i have  slightly high RPMs. At 53.75hz, when in the manual for a later model GM army generator; they say 52hz unloaded.  I know resistance augment with age, in selenium rectifiers. That could be just that, producing too low an exciter voltage. 

Kbeitz

When you said high at 53.75hz I had to look to see where you lived....
we need 60hz in the states...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Satamax

Yep Kbeitz.

Not round your neck of the woods. ;D 

Satamax

Guys, I need help please!

Where can I find a SAE A size radiator cap? 2" 1/8 filler neck diameter 3/4 deep. 50kpa 1psi. I think.

Kbeitz

I was going to say the junk yard.... But 1 PSI ? Wow
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Satamax

Quote from: Kbeitz on June 29, 2016, 07:12:58 PM
I was going to say the junk yard.... But 1 PSI ? Wow

You know, even tho i convert units in a regular basis. I might be mistaken.

Just rechecked in the  manual. 0.5KG/cm² That's 7.05 psi. Daft me!

Now i'm lost. The overall dimension here is given for size "B"!

http://www.fillernecksupply.com/radiator-filler-necks/

Satamax

Kbeitz

2.69"... I'll check our local junkyard tommorow...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Satamax

K beitz. Don't worry too much. I'm on the other side of the world, or nearly. I know there's some at sparex now. Just matter to find the good one.

Satamax

Well, neighbors started complaining.

They don't realize that this is an "artisanal estate"

I won't start to swear, as it is not well regarded here. But i certainly feel like it. When in the winter they all start their snow clearing machinery at three or four o clock, i don't complain!

Thank You Sponsors!