iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hiding in plain site.

Started by Jeff, February 11, 2017, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

My dad has been gone almost 23 years. We've lived on this house for almost 33 years. I was rummaging around in a desk day before yesterday and this photo fell out. My son Jeremy, my Dad and myself. I had not seen this photo in probably 20 years. I actually remember that day, standing there, but I don't remember a photo being taken.

Then, after all these years, this evening I spotted something that I never knew was in our knife drawer. I'd never paid attention until today. I opened the drawer, and there it was, somehow on top and in the right light. I dont know how i got it or when. I'm sure it has been used during the pigroast when we need knives to work on the pig, but I juat simply never new it had any significance. Dad's name just leaped out at me. I never knew my dad had written his name on it. Kinda hard to see in the photo I guess but it ws like neon a little while ago.  Occurances like these sometimes have me wondering what the heck is going on.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll bet you scratched your head long and deep.....I would have.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I often wonder about such messages.  Were they accidents or??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

The little things in life that happen spontaneously bring some of the greatest joy.  Friday evening it was going to dinner with friends.  The sun made one of its most spectacular disappearances this winter. The restaurant sits on a tall bluff overlooking a big bend in the Ohio River.  Window seats and what a view.  The restaurant had a Valentine's special that was great.  Cooked by a great chef.  Then we saw a hazy eclipse of the moon as we left.  None of this was planned, but just happened.  Words cannot describe the evening.
Jeff, there is  nothing like finding buried treasure when you are not looking for it.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

I have discovered what appears to be a black gentleman concealed in the woods behind my house in that 24 year old photo above. Do you see him?

coxy

by the shed in front of the tree between you and your dad

JJ

He is big like Sasquatch.
Good thing you didn't see him then, maybe would not be here now.

Ljohnsaw

My wife loved the thrill of the hunt in thrift stores.  We would go together a lot of times but she did it a lot with just our daughter.  There have been many, many times I get the feeling I need to stop in a particular store (she frequented about 6 or 7).  And when I do, I find something pretty fantastic at a great price.  I think she is steering me there.

Most recent was a Micro-Plane.  It is a super sharp stainless steel "cheese grater" about the size of a Shurform tool.  I thought it was a fancy chef's carrot shredder or maybe a lemon zester.  No handle, just the blade and a plastic storage cover.  Turns out, it was just what I needed to "joint" the floor boards in my cabin model.  And at the bargain price of $1.19.  On line about 10x that price.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Peter Drouin

In the tree above your right shoulder.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Nope. Unless you mean my other right.

Jeff

Straight up front my dad's head.

Brucer

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 13, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
....  I thought it was a fancy chef's carrot shredder or maybe a lemon zester.  No handle, just the blade and a plastic storage cover.  ...

If it's the one I'm thinking of (the one that hangs in our kitchen), then you're right, it's a carrot shredder, lemon zester, ginger grater, etc. etc. -- except it's actually a microplane. The wife of mail-order retailer saw tool in her husband's shop and thought, "Hmm ... I could use that in my kitchen."

Now is that a Forestry Forum story or what? ;D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

Gary_C

It looks like there are three things looking into the picture. On the far left there is someone standing between the trees, in the middle there is a bear cub or dog looking towards the camera as well as the person above you dad's head.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

JB Griffin

In the Hebrew language there is no word for coincidence.  Coincidence I think not.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Jeff

The end of an era. After 28 yrs. Wall corrosion. But the bottom supports make me want to build a wall and roof on it! Those supports dont even wiggle. They are tied together side to side under the sand with metal strapping and the sides are on some sort of patio blocks or 3" solids held down by 6" of sand and or stone on galvanized plates.

mike_belben

Looks like a concert pavillion to me
Praise The Lord

Jeff

mike_belben

Well, im certain the Lord will bless a greenhouse with abundance.

Commemorate it to mom and dad maybe
Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

Can't go wrong with a place to grow food or plants, just the process of it is good for anyone.

JJ

is there somebody standing over there?

SwampDonkey

Growing stuff is good for what ails ya. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!