iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

norwood planer molder

Started by bigjohn1895, April 21, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohn1895

im looking at getting one to clean up one side of the live edge boards i cut for bars tables and benches.
im thinking about expanding my operation and offering d logs as part of the  custom sawing part of my
business  as well

i have looked at other molder planers but i like the idea of running on gas so i can saw plane/mold in more remote places and onsite. my current sawing location offers only 110 volts 

if any one is interested im running the norwood hd36 sawmill mostly manual but hydraulics are comming as i build them
norwood hd36  hydraulics to be built

paul case

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Big John.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bigjohn1895

BigZ La

bigjohn1895

thanks  for the welcome 
so im guessing no one has the norwood planner yet

Alberta Wolf

Quote from: bigjohn1895 on April 21, 2017, 10:56:00 PM
im looking at getting one to clean up one side of the live edge boards i cut for bars tables and benches.
im thinking about expanding my operation and offering d logs as part of the  custom sawing part of my
business  as well

i have looked at other molder planers but i like the idea of running on gas so i can saw plane/mold in more remote places and onsite. my current sawing location offers only 110 volts  

if any one is interested im running the norwood hd36 sawmill mostly manual but hydraulics are comming as i build them
Not trying to get anyone mad,But give the Norwood's forum a chance at answering for you.Cause them guys have a lot of answers if you ask about the Norwood's products. ;)

Darrel

I tried to look at the Norwood log moulder on the Norwood web page but it looks like their web page is having issues. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Alberta Wolf

Funny thing,I can view or read or join and then ask Questions and receive a ton of answers.But to ask questions you got join  the norwood connect home,then view forums.I don't have the need for a planer molder so I just use what comes off my LM2000 bandmill.But I seen guys use a drum sander to wider boards that have live edges.And they are super smooth.But again I still have no need for that neither.I have a little planer for 12 inch wide boards,also a electric hand hand held planer,also have a manual hand planer but I only use them when I need them so,Other than that I use what I got.
                                                                                        Also that HD36 mill is a newer type of mill that the norwoods planer molder is made to fit that mill.I know if I had the $$$$$$ money I'd have the HD36 with the planer molder and the sharpener/setter.I like their mill cause you learn how to do thing by putting it together and getting to know the mill.I looked at other mills and seen that I'd have to PAY extra for shipping and hauling transporting the list went on and on.So I bought and paid for the mill and got it in boxes like a jig saw puzzle and enjoyed putting it together and learning as I went along.Alot of mill you can't extend the mill,But with a norwoods you the road never ends. ;)     

esteadle

live edge boards

Will there be dirt, or grit in the bark of those flitches? 
If so, you may want to think about a wide sander, rather than a planar. 
Planar knives need to be sharp to avoid "tear out" of the wood fibers. 
Grit and dirt will dirty the knives quickly and you may not like having to change them too often, or resharpen. 
Sandpaper can handle grit and dirt a lot better. 

Thank You Sponsors!