iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is it wore out?

Started by Larry, July 02, 2017, 10:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

A little repair job.  Got a request Saturday to make a couple of pins and bushings for the bucket on a small Kubota backhoe.  Of course the parts are needed Sunday so we can be ready for a Monday job.

The old pin and bushing.  They had tried using a galvanized water line coupling to make a new bushing but for some strange reason it didn't work out. :o  Since the Kubota store was closed (and probably expensive) I got the call. :)

The new pins and bushings. 

The customer said the backhoe has 16 more pins with similar wear but some are different sizes.

I enjoy doing the work and it gives me a good feeling being able to help somebody out.  A few extra $$$'s is also nice.  The shop is air conditioned and I turn up the tunes.  Since summer decided to show up yesterday the sawmill work can wait until say September.....if its cool. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

newoodguy78

Nice work it looks like factory  8). Hopefully they use the grease fitting in the new one

sandhills

Wore out?  Heck there's all kinds of iron left there to where through  :D.  Nice job on the new ones  ;).

coxy

that still has 9.6million +turns left to it  ;D had a cat guy tell me the center pins in my 518 was not bad until the drive shaft hits the cab then replace you have to do the same work now that will have to be done when it hits the cab so start saving money cause there not cheap

Thank You Sponsors!