iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Allow notifications from forestryforum.com

Started by Jeff, February 04, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

@starmac

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
If you have any trouble with the display of the alerts,  you will need to delete your cache. There is no reson to delete cookies, only the temp internet files.  Some browsers do NOT want to play nice and load the new .css  file that tells stuff how to look. In order to get the new one, you might have to delete the old one.

No, it does not send you email.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

I just quoted both of you so Y'all should have just got a red 1 on the little triangle on any page when you come in, click it, click the thread name within that and it'll bring you here. It's a heads up that somebody is talking about your post or is trying to pm you.

Quote from: Texas Ranger on February 05, 2018, 12:05:46 AM
I clicked yes to the notifications, and so far, see nothing.

Quote from: starmac on February 05, 2018, 12:37:32 AM
I do not see where to click yes or no, but I assume you are talking about the little triangle at the top left side of my screen. I can click on it and it puts a list down the left side of my screen, very little of which I can read as it is superimposed on what is already there.

This option does not send anything to my email does it??
What is it that this option actually does??

Texas Ranger

DanG mysteries of life, toggle showed up, thanks, whoever (Jeff?).
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Crusarius

CTRL F5 worked for forcing the refresh for me.

starmac

Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Jeff

starmac

Ok, I cleared my cache (I think)
I also think the notification triangle works as intended now, at least it did once when I first logged back on.
Now I have to log in everytime I bring the forum up, I used to only have to log back in sometimes if I turned the computer off.
Now it is every time and usually reverts back from forever to 1 hour.

Jeff

Quote from: starmac on February 05, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
Ok, I cleared my cache (I think)
I also think the notification triangle works as intended now, at least it did once when I first logged back on.
Now I have to log in everytime I bring the forum up, I used to only have to log back in sometimes if I turned the computer off.
Now it is every time and usually reverts back from forever to 1 hour.

Quote from: Jeff on February 05, 2018, 06:54:54 AM
You must NOT use previous bookmarks/favorites created before we changed servers. Closeout of the Forestry Forum. Delete all bookmarks, empty all browser cache and cookies related to the forestry forum then come back to the Forestry Forum by typing in the address. You chould be able to login as normal. then you can create a new bookmark.

starmac

Well I now deleted the bookmark and typed the site back in and rebookmarked it, now it seems like everything  is working as it should be. Funny is when I typed it back in with no bookmark, it came up without me having to log in, not sure how that worked.

Now to see if the recent unread thread feature works in the morning, got my fingers crossed.

coxy

do you need to except this every day or is it a one time thing

Jeff

coxy

ok can you repeat that in English  what is a cookies  i know what the ones are you eat but don't think thats what your talking about  ;D

Jeff

Cookies. Files that are created on your computer by a website that lets a web page recognize you, That is how you stay logged in, and move from page to page without having to login on every page.

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!