iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Pro-4000 vertical band mill?

Started by yarnammurt, December 16, 2013, 10:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

I cant find any info on them. Anyone have one or know where I cant see a video of one running?
I know I am asking a lot of ?'s but as ya'll know Logmaster is gone and so is my mill so need a new one.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

mad murdock

Never heard of them. Too bad about you not having a mill. I read up on the other thread about LM going down. How far are you from EZ Boardwalk? They sure seem to have a lot of mill for the $$. Maybe Santa will be extra nice to you this year :) :new_year: and Merry Cristmas too!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

chain

Think I saw their website try...www.woodlandmills.ca

47sawdust

woodland pro made very good sawmills.They are no longer in business.The Sawmill  exchange frequently has them listed .Sorry for your troubles I hope it all works out for you.
There are a lot of good used sawmills out there.Troll the internet and be patient,it's a good time of year to be shopping.
Best regards,
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

chain

The vertical mill, was that the mill that had a auto-slab-board return feature? We went to a demo at Poplar bluff, Mo. several years ago to see the mill working.

I always thought, nice to have that mill, but the sawyer was also the stacker, he was getting a work out. I could use that guy around the farm! :D

Brad_S.

Quote from: 47sawdust on December 16, 2013, 05:12:22 PM

woodland pro made very good sawmills.They are no longer in business.

Like Mick said, out of business. The link chain provided is a different company. I was surprised when the new company took a name so close to a defunct company...causes confusion.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Ron Wenrich

I saw that mill in a demo many years ago.  I like the vertical mill, and the production is pretty good.  But, I felt it was better suited for a stationary mill than for a portable operation.  It depends on what your business plan is calling for. 

Like the others said, they're out of business.  If you need parts, you're out of luck.  However, if the mill isn't used too hard, it would be an opportunity to buy it at a good price.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!