iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben, January 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Scratch that above, i forgot you have a cub cadet and not a regular pto tractor.  

It has an electric clutched mower deck pulley up front right?  Youll have up to 3600 rpm to work with, dont put too many teeth at first.  Id start with 3 so all energy is in one engaged tooth at a time for maximum root ripping.  

If you want it outfront, i would try a scrapyard bigtruck steering box shaft for pto with rubber belts to sheaves at the tractor end.  Maybe a shear pin on an old modifield unit bearing to hold and drive the rim?  Make some kinda mount to raise and lower the contraption off the mower link like a snowplow?

Or if possible come off the side with just a belt and no shaft or joints.  

A little old ariens et al snowblower would be an easier option to build this out of i think.  Toss the blower housing [or make it face the sky and build it into an electric mixer] and run the blower pulley down to your cutter rim.  Put a gauge wheel up front and off ya go.
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

I got the york rake i started for my deere 140 way back when, grafted to the quad pretty quick while still fitting the deere.  It is reversible and works great as a high speed trash rake the regular way.

I spun it around to turn one of the compost piles yesterday.

Id built, or atleast started, a rock wall to retain fill dirt.  So i blow all the leaves in the yard into this little valley pocket.  The kids jump off the wall into the leaves for a day or two...

And then a little runoff creek flows through the pile all winter.  i start dumping grass into it by spring and then it needs turning to stay aerobic.  We picked atleast 100 nightcrawlers out.

Little by little im gonna roll it down and around the corner and by the time its finished it will land in the flat patch ive designated for my someday big garden. 

Its sort of a recieving bay for the occasional dumptruck loads of chipped trees that come to me.   
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

Quote from: mike_belben on May 22, 2021, 10:30:31 AM
Scratch that above, i forgot you have a cub cadet and not a regular pto tractor.  

It has an electric clutched mower deck pulley up front right?  Youll have up to 3600 rpm to work with, dont put too many teeth at first.  Id start with 3 so all energy is in one engaged tooth at a time for maximum root ripping.  

If you want it outfront, i would try a scrapyard bigtruck steering box shaft for pto with rubber belts to sheaves at the tractor end.  Maybe a shear pin on an old modifield unit bearing to hold and drive the rim?  Make some kinda mount to raise and lower the contraption off the mower link like a snowplow?

Or if possible come off the side with just a belt and no shaft or joints.  

A little old ariens et al snowblower would be an easier option to build this out of i think.  Toss the blower housing [or make it face the sky and build it into an electric mixer] and run the blower pulley down to your cutter rim.  Put a gauge wheel up front and off ya go.
yup, your dead on everything.

I do have a Kubota L2800 though, so I could always use that but the cub is much more nimble especially on soft ground.

mike_belben

No way dude i got everlasting life.  ;D
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Transmitter on the winch remote failed last night so i went into the junkpile that wise folks have always told me to discard, and poof. Momentary rocker switch. CertifiedHoarder wins again.

Much better height control now on ground engaging implements.  Cheap remotes have about a 3 second minimum cycle time whereas toggles can blip.
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

I have a Jeep comanche bed full of garbage that has been loaded and unloaded more times than I can count. I still have not been able to bring myself to scrap it for just that reason.

aigheadish

My wife really struggles with my minimal hoarding but she obviously doesn't understand that one day...! She just crabbed about finish mower and flail mower decks back there. I told her that's the kind of stuff that you have laying around if you have a few acres. Still doesn't get it. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

mike_belben

i find that admitting to the accusations of your accusers really takes the wind out of their sails.  so i just call myself a hoarder but im not like what youd see on TV.  i dont mean it like the people who are mentally ill and save trash and have rotten food all over or 30 dogs pooping all over the living room.  thats all disgusting.  i just never met a piece of free metal i didnt want to put on a pallet or a shelf or in a file cabinet out back somewhere for the day i need it. little by little the piles shrink and the row of great attachments grows.  in the house im as much a neat freak as i can make time for. 
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Crusarius

Definitely agree with metal :)

mike_belben

Think i have mocked up a tri fold boom sprayer.  An inch narrower than the quad, with almost a 10ft swath. Should be handy for killing crummy lawn to reseed, or terminating a food plot cover crop.   I will put shutoff valves for the wings so i can also just run the middle to kill trails.  Hand wand teed in for spot or fencerow spraying. 
Praise The Lord

Otis1

It's like organized, but only you know how. That's how my work desk and garage are. Most people wouldn't know where to look for a tool but I can find it in 30 sec.

mike_belben

Most of the time i can find the bulk of it but my memory is fading.  My 7yr old has ADHD and impeccable memory comes with that so i send him hunting for the missing link now and he finds it 9/10 times.  
Praise The Lord

Kim_Ked

Mike. 
My 8 Year old boy has has an ADHD diagnosis. He has some odd habits and methods, but I swear, he has a photographic memory and math / logic problems seems to just come natural to him. It really is interesting how their brains work just a bit differently.
1995 Daewoo Solar 130-3, 2001 Customized Arbro1000, 1995 Case 685, Patu525, Chevy C10 383Stroker!

Tacotodd

I seem to have had it when I was younger, but it was never bad enough to need a diagnosis. I seem to have grown out of it. Now my wife and her grandkids (previous marriage), they STILL have trouble staying focused on their task at hand. They are easily distracted. Of course, I can ask her what color the sky is and she'll tell me all about the grass, but never answer my question!

I just feel like a direct question deserves a direct answer, but it seems like I'll never get one. What gives with that? I also remember that women seem to be wired different than men. My buddies understand me, but women don't seem to have buddies like guys do (at least not that I can tell)
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

This has been the most helpful vid i have seen on understanding how to manage it.  Its not an attention issue.  

This is how you treat ADHD based off science, Dr Russell Barkley part of 2012 Burnett Lecture - YouTube

And also i had to discover they cant focus on just one thing.  He can only focus on what i might be teaching him if he is playing with several other distractions.  Give the kid legos and lecture him some science and he will absorb it all without looking at you.  Take away the legos and he wont hear a word.  Its hard to get over the feeling that youre being ignored. 

Meds help immensely but the side effects are a struggle.  
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

Mike, do YOU think that he'll ever get better. Not the docs but YOU. Very few do, most (from what I understand) don't.

I just hope that it all works out well for you and your family. HE will see your family through all of the things that HE will provide you. HE being the greatest of all time and provider for all of the world!
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

Oh yeah, itll be fine.  My autistic kid was in a beauty pageant and has straight A's so we arent a hopeless bunch in this house. 

Life is a case of 'do the best ya can' until its over.  Thats all i endeavor to do. I will find a way to be content with any outcome. 

Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

Similar to my signature ! ! ! ! !
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

well, back on topic i guess. 

yesterday took the wind out of my sails on the sprayer boom when something in the secondary clutch basket on the quad fragged.  it has been slipping for a long time in high range and out of ignorance of there existing an adjustment to maintain, i failed to maintain it.  never seen an adjustable auto clutch.  so im hopeful its a broken friction and not a steel or the basket itself.  making room to park that and tear into it.  

the more machines i have the more of them sit broken awaiting funds. one downside to my abnormal lifestyle. 
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Same cart for the old Hypatherm Plasma cutter,  grinders and so on. The old one had big handles that you could wrap the cords on but the new one is really small and can cut thicker material. As you can see by the shaker bottle it's little.

So I made some cord hangers and she is good to go

mike_belben

wow.  pretty soon plasma cutters will look like Ipads if they keep going!
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on May 26, 2021, 10:28:22 AM
well, back on topic i guess.

yesterday took the wind out of my sails on the sprayer boom when something in the secondary clutch basket on the quad fragged.  it has been slipping for a long time in high range and out of ignorance of there existing an adjustment to maintain, i failed to maintain it.  never seen an adjustable auto clutch.  so im hopeful its a broken friction and not a steel or the basket itself.  making room to park that and tear into it.  

the more machines i have the more of them sit broken awaiting funds. one downside to my abnormal lifestyle.
As long as they are protected from the elements, they are just projects frozen in time  ;D
I gots too much "junk", people keep calling my stuff junk. Ya know what, it's not JUNK, it's what I enjoy, so bugger off!  :)
A1

mike_belben

i call it junk to beat my critics to the punchline.  ;)

love/hate, junk/treasure.. that sorta thing.   no one ever complains when i fix the crisis without them handing over a credit card or getting sent 30 mins to town.   the rest of the time its junk. oh hey mike you wouldnt happen to have a ....  

pff.  i have three of them.  amateur. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

I resemble that remark (just not to that extreme)  ;)
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!