iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Side supports

Started by D6c, July 24, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D6c

Question for someone with a newer Woodmizer mill that has the pivoting type side supports.
How thick, wide, and tall are the supports?

My old LT40 has the side supports made of 2 x 2 tubing and after adding hydraulics to the mill they are kind of a weak point.
The adjustable mounts aren't beefy enough and won't hold adjustment with the pressure put on them by the hyd. clamp. and I may have put a little bend in the 2 x 2 tubing as well.

Thinking of rebuilding the arms and mounts to make them a little stronger. 
The newer WM arms have two rollers at the top.  I see pics of some mills running without the rollers. 
What's the consensus?....should I put the rollers on or not?

Brad_bb

If you mean the uprights/backstops, the ones on my 2014 LT15go are 9 inches from the bed (top of crossbars) to the tip.  I was milling today and coming close to them.  If I set my head at 9 1/8" I was ok.  FYI I do not have the bearings on the end of the support.  I want to get them though.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Chuck White

With the sawhead set at 11¼ inches, my blade will "just" clear the rollers by about 1/8 inch!

I'm not positive, but I think that the log-stops at ¾ of an inch thick!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!