iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T.V. Tonight

Started by Jeff, November 09, 2003, 12:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

HGTV is advertising a show where they turn an old sawmill into a home at 8 or 8:30 Eastern tonight (sunday, 09. It may be that show extreme homes.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Found it.

Building Character
 AIR TIMES:
• November 09, 2003 8:30 PM ET/PT
• November 10, 2003 12:30 AM ET/PT

Ohio Sawmill, Washington Library, Pennsylvania Candy Factory
A woman converts her family's 1840s sawmill in Eaton, Ohio, into a rustic home. A Washington couple finds a bookish home in a Spokane library. And a Pennsylvania man gets a sweet place to live when he converts an old chocolate family in Lancaster into a home.
IN THIS EPISODE:
• Down at the Mill  
• Living at the Library  
• Sweet Home  

Brian_Bailey

Just watched the sawmill portion of the show and all I can say is, I'm green with envy!  What a wonderful way to live and remember your family's history. Very charming Lady, too!
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

Me to! I want a house just like that. Its perfect!

Brian_Bailey

The old photo's of the mill and workers are certainly priceless and add credibility to the whole theme. What a great treasure!
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Gus

Sounds 8) guys,
We get one channel on a good day and that is PBS, which doesn't break my heart. Maybe the Management seen it on cable while recouperating in the hospital.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Corley5

I was really impressed.  They left the mill all in place.  Log cars and track, head and top saws complete with saws, carriage even the boiler.  Way  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

MrMoo

There is a restaurant around here that is in an old sawmill. It looks like the mill used to be water powered since there is a small river outside that is dammed up.

When the guy was trying to put in the restaurant he wanted to leave some of the equipment in the bar area. He wanted to leave the blade setup and stuff. The town made him take it all out. They forced enough regulations on him he finally gave it up. Someone else bought the place and did make it into a restaurant but now you would never know it used to be a mill everything is gone except the river & double DanG. Of ya there is also this huge rock right outside the building...it must be 20ft tall. I guess the town figured it was ok to leave that

Kind of a shame. I think the first guy had a good idea.

woodmills1

Down in Mass in the town I used to teach in is a resturant that was for years called the Mill House.  It still features artifacts from the Lowell Mills, birth place of the american industrial revolution.  My favorite were the shuttles, the pieces of wood that ran back and forth through the threads to do the weaving.  They were made of fruit wood or butternut, since they were self polishing, that is they didn't fray and tear the threads, the more they were worked the smoother they got. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Gus

James,
 That is interesting. :P
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Thank You Sponsors!