iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resharp service

Started by Bosco, January 19, 2019, 06:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco

I know this ? should probably go to Woodmizer, but they seem awful busy! I got my first box of blades ready to go back and be sharpened then I realized that it was a "Winter Variety box" will the guy sharpening them know? does it matter? one of them was a "Razortip"

WV Sawmiller

I send in blades with different profiles/blade hook angles almost every time and have never had a problem.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

They know the blades.  Send them all in mixed up.  They usually write on the cardboard separation pieces with what blades are below.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Brad_bb

If you have bad bands you send them(cracks, or teeth too worn), you need to specify what to replace them with - the same band type, a different one, or do not replace.  Looks like you have an LT15 from your profile, like me.  I only use a 4 degree double hard band.  I have the 19hp Kohler gas engine.  I learned early on that you cannot run a higher degree band cutting hardwood with the power of this engine.  I don't cut softwood so I can't speak to that.  4 degree will cut the hardest hardwoods, and frozen stuff.  I then got rid of all other bands in my shop so that I only had 4 degree double hard.  4 degree means it takes a smaller bite.  It's like putting your vehicle in lo gear.  You may go a little slower, but you'll have enough torque to make it up the hill.   I also recommend you get the band profile/degree checker tool which has 6 band profiles to allow you to ID bands.  It's shaped like a hexagon, but for some reason I can't find a pic of it to post.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Magicman

I also painted mine green for 4°, red for 7°, and white for 10°.  The section of blade is a 7°Turbo.  I don't use it anymore because about all that I have are 7°Turbos and a few 4°blades and you certainly can't confuse those.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

I dropped off a bundle blades to WM Resharp in Newnan, GA. The Manager said his Resharp guys could look at a band and tell the degree.  I got a gauge like MM's so I could check mine.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

offrink

Did you end up making that gauge or did you buy it some?

Magicman

If that question is directed to me, I got it from Wood-Mizer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Yup - those little guides are very hand to have, but boy are they pricey.  Cost me like $1,900 to get mine.  On a good note Wood-Mizer threw in a sharpener with the deal.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

offrink

Quote from: Magicman on January 21, 2019, 07:23:30 PM
If that question is directed to me, I got it from Wood-Mizer.
Yes sorry. I checked their website and couldn't find it. Working with a chainsaw mill I have found it hard some days to tell those apart and was hoping for a quick easy double check and at a cheap price to boot! I'll keep looking. 

Southside

Give them a call, I think they are $15
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!