iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoke House Build

Started by campfire courage, January 11, 2014, 12:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campfire courage

You know what you like, I like brown sugar, Garlic, not so much salt, pepper, and I use some olive oil as a binder. I also use some italin seasoning mix. Oh, and maybe more garlic. :} 

You can add anything and try it. do some small batches for a test,
Wood is my life, Saw it, drag it, mill it, burn it, build with it, cook with it, heat with it.

WoodMizer LT 30, Kabota 3940, Log Arch, Stihl saws.

LeeB

Mine has sugar, I'll have to try the brown sugar. Pretty much most of the other stuff you mentioned and powdered milk for a binder. I learned to cut way back on the salt called for in the original recipe I started with by quite a lot. Lots of garlic does make it good. I also like to add a little jalapeno powder for a kick.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ely

thanks, this is my new favorite thread.

Chuck White

Anyone ever tried smoking a loin or a quarter of venison!

I think I'd try it if I had a smokehouse.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom L

Quote from: Chuck White on January 14, 2014, 02:25:24 PM
Anyone ever tried smoking a loin or a quarter of venison!

I think I'd try it if I had a smokehouse.

I've tried it and didn't like the way it came out, maybe because the meat is so lean, or it just may be me
pork smokes much better IMO

Planman1954

Yeah to the venison! My friend Jimmy used to smoke a deboned quarter in his grill/smoker for 8 hours. Then he would super thin slice it on his slicer, and then freeze it and use it for sandwiches. It was GOOD.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

21incher

Great job on the smokehouse. I have enjoyed following the build. About the venison, make peperoni out of some of it.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

i know this is an old post just wanted to see how things was going 

Thank You Sponsors!