iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2023

Started by customsawyer, January 03, 2023, 04:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

BTW and FYI - those of you/us who saw commercially, keep up with/document your expenses as they are tax deductible for training/professional development purposes. My tax preparer told me a few years back including my wife in such trips was also deductible. (Maybe she is listing her as my business associate?)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

terrifictimbersllc

Should we be bringing our own chairs? I think I stopped at Walmart in 2019 to get one.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Mooseherder

Quote from: GAB on March 28, 2023, 07:46:53 PM
Suggestion: Bring business cards.  It was at a Pig Roast that I got MM's business card that I used when I needed an autographed box of GRITS for Ray.  For a good read look up "Crime does pay".
GAB
Ray's kinda Grits.

GAB

Quote from: Mooseherder on March 29, 2023, 10:34:00 AM
Quote from: GAB on March 28, 2023, 07:46:53 PM
Suggestion: Bring business cards.  It was at a Pig Roast that I got MM's business card that I used when I needed an autographed box of GRITS for Ray.  For a good read look up "Crime does pay".
GAB
Ray's kinda Grits.

That is the first bag of bilingual grits that I've seen.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

doc henderson

and so it begins...  continues!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Stephen1

I'm sorry that you will not make it Lynn. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

thecfarm

Well first off grits should never have any caps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

never finished

Put us on the list. Dennis & Rita Langston. Have been wanting come since the beginning. 

Mossy Chariot

2023 SAWING PROJECT IN HONOR OF WDH    
No.HandleNameLocationVittles, Supplies, Other
1customsawyerJakeRentzGAOur Host
2customsawyerTammyRentzGAOur Host
3doc hendersonBryanHutchinsonKS 
4doc hendersonGeorgiaHutchinsonKS 
5boardmakerLucasSoutheastMO 
6boardmakerKristinSoutheastMO 
7GABMikeCharlotteVT 
8GABGeraldCharlotteVT 
9AndriesAndriesWinnipegMB 
10AndriesTeeaWinnipegMB 
11moosehunterMikeNewfieldNYfew cases of something other than cokes as I don't drink soda and am sure others are the same. Probably Gatorade and tea.
12E-TexLanceBullardTX 
13E-Tex BullardTX 
14cavemanKyleLakelandFLpotatoes, pork few cases of water, ice, a desert, and tables if needed.
15cavemanJohnLakelandFL 
16Patrick NCPatrick??CasarNC10 or so cases of various coke/Pepsi products.  Or a cash donation.  Whichever works best
17Patrick NC CasarNC 
18RefHawk EllijayGA 
19RefHawkHamajamaEllijayGA 
20TroyC CentralGA 
21YellowHammerRobertNew MarketAL"Trouble Maker 100" - the one wearing a hat. Tennessee Bar B Que w/????? flavor
22YellowHammerMarthaNew MarketAL"Trouble Maker 101"
23Mossy ChariotTonyKnoxvilleTN 
24scsmith42ScottNew HillNC 
25SixacresandJohnGordon GA 
26SixacresandNancyGordon GA 
27Stephen1SteveKilworthyON 
28Stephen1CathyKilworthyON 
29DbltreeBelgiansBrentRawsonOH 
30DbltreeBelgiansJill RawsonOH 
31okmulch StillwaterOK 
32okmulchJenniferStillwaterOK 
33WDFL ApopkaFLTentative
34fishpharmerJamesManningSC 
35trimguyArnieAugustaGA 
36trimguyJoyAugustaGA 
37WV SawmillerHowardHintonWV 
38WV SawmillerBeckyHintonWV 
39DeeseFrankGradyAL 
40Deese+1GradyAL 
41NomadBillJacksonvilleFLenough plastic utensils for the whole shindig.  I'll bring a hundred or so bowls, too.
42CedarmanDickMarengoIN 
43CedarmanJaneMarengoIN 
44CedarmanDanielleMarengoIN 
45RichTiredRichardJefferson Co.ALcouple hundred solo type cups, Paper plates and paper towels and a couple of cases of family friendly soft drinks.
46Leemcclure55Lee CantonGA 
47Leemcclure55 CantonGA 
48Leemcclure55 CantonGA 
49Leemcclure55 CantonGA 
50will49766WillFreeportMI 
51will49766JulieFreeportMI 
 MagicmanLynnBrookhavenMSHate MM and Pat will not make it!!!!!
 MagicmanPatBrookhavenMS 
52fluidpowerproTomHolyokeMN 
53fluidpowerproKathiHolyokeMN 
54Resonator WausauWIMaybe
55flatrock58MikeCarrolltonGA 
56terrifictimbersllcDennisMystic CT 
57Fearless LeaderJeffDetour VillageMI 
58stanwelchStanColdwaterMI 
59GeneWengert-WoodDocGeneBishop GA 
60GeneWengert-WoodDocBarbaraBishop GA 
61Old GreenhornTomCatskill MountainsNY 
62Mfrost459MikeWinstonGA 
63Mfrost459AdamWinstonGA 
64WWDaveDaveDublinGA 
65never finished DennisBigelowAR 
66never finished RitaBigelowAR 
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

customsawyer

Well took a glance at the weather for the project this morning. Looks like the Masters this weekend is getting the not so good weather and ours will be nice. Lows will be around 60 and the highs in the mid 80s. You glaciated northern folks should probably bring your long johns for the evening temps. Of course this is if they aren't lying to us. We all know the further out the forecast is the more likely it is to be wrong. Should make for a great couple of days.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Old Greenhorn

Well Jake, since I signed on I have been checking your weather daily and your nighttime lows are still 10-15° warmer than our daytime highs and your daytime highs are 15-20° (or more) higher than ours. I'll leave my lined pants at home. :D
 Regardless of the weather, it will be a great couple of days, no doubt. This has been on my list for years and long overdue.
 Now that we are getting close, is there anything you are coming up short on or have a need for? We are flying in, so there is a limit on what we could bring, but I assume stuff can be shipped also.
 Counting the days here. :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

I know better. My lined pants are coming with.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

It's been a long time since I've flown (before the plague at least). Can somebody tell me for domestic flights what is allowed in liquids now? I had thought the 1oz. travel bottles were OK, but these days who knows? Just thinking shampoo, etc. Also need my hydrocortisone cream (still can't shale that rash from wood). Any other stupid restrictions I should be aware of?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

RichTired

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

caveman

For those of you who have not booked rooms yet (I just did ours this afternoon due to being a slacker trying to juggle way too many balls), you may want to enquire about discounts.  At the Quality Inn, we were able to get a bit of a break by asking for a AAA and a construction discount.  

Last week, while staying in a hotel in Florida, I asked for the state rate (school job related) and it saved the school system $32/night for three rooms for two nights.  Often, there are a variety of prices for the same room.  

We'll be leaving the infernal, traffic congested peninsula dark and early next Thursday morning. 

Caveman

customsawyer

I don't need anything at all. I just put it out there for those that it means something to to (Tom) bring something. Drop a few green things in the donation can and we are all good. Over the years of Danny and I providing this thing we normally come out in the hole a little bit and we would always split it out of the wood sales. If we come up short again it isn't the end of the world as I know I don't have the travel expenses that the rest of you do. I host this because I enjoy it. If I make a buck so be it. If I lose a couple than that is fine. My main goal is that we all have a good time and learn something. Haven't failed yet. Of course most of the learning is coming from those that are here and sharing. I just have the "stuff" for them to teach on.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Old Greenhorn

Richard, thanks for that link, it set me straight. Hopefully I am good.
 Jake, I really appreciate what you do to put this on and know you wouldn't keep doing it if it weren't fun.  Still having done a few things like this and taken on the money burden in the process, I don't think it's fair that you open your doors, home, and business to us unwashed masses and also bear any the cost. I will be dumping as heavily into the can as I can because I appreciate this more than the average person would understand. The knowledge gained is nearly priceless and the 'feel good' is even more valuable.
 Heck, I even went to Walmart and bought a new shirt today!

moosehunter

A new shirt?!! I'm not sure I can live up to that high of a standard!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

customsawyer

Heck he's putting pressure on me too.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Old Greenhorn

No pressure at all. A small confession in total confidence: as much as I love my wife and she is a great homemaker, cook, financial whiz, Mom and a bunch of other stuff, she just can't seem to get my works clothes very clean. They are 'clean' but the stains and dirt show over time and I only get new stuff in long intervals. So I haven't bought a shirt in years except for a hickory shirt I bought last year and it now has a permanent dinge to it. I want to look somewhat presentable. I shouldn't even tell you that I bought new underwear also because it been over ten years since I have been in a Walmart.
 No, there's no pressure. I could fly down, enjoy the company of my traveling companions, go to the sawmill and sit on a stump and meet folks, catch up with others, and just talk, and it would be a great weekend.

customsawyer

There's only been a few come here with new cloths and we make them stand by the cooler. Don't want them to make the rest of us to look bad.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Old Greenhorn

Well, assuming the cooler is where the beer is kept, I could probably live with that. :D Actually I doubt my new shirt would stand out at all, honest. It's just a shirt. I will wear regular work jeans and shoes. Likely, given the weather forecast, I will be in t-shirts anyway and the new shirt won't even get seen. Guess I should have never mentioned it. ;D

Jeff

I'm feeling I have a fashion deficit. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Andries

I've been wearing insulated Carhartts and a parka for so long that I've forgotten what's under there. Jeff, it's called winter fashion - it's not a deficit if it's warm. 😊 
I've been using ice roads for a few weeks now.

Excavators and skidsteers and dump trailers all on the ice. 

When we get to Jake's place, it'll feel good to walk on green grass again.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Andries will you even realize you are walking if you don't hear the crunch of snow under your boots? I'm looking at those pictures and I had to go get my jacket.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!