iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Down to the wire, decision on new mill, advice appreciated

Started by 123maxbars, August 19, 2011, 12:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Hello sawyers,

I have posted a few times here, but have read more than I have interacted on this board. Been helping my friend with his weekend part time sawing business for a year now. He has a LT 28, we use either his bobcat to load the logs, the manual winch or my Kubota tractor when doing mobile jobs. I have decided to start my own weekend business/part time venture. I have a good supply of logs and will cut order for local farmers and do some mobile jobs. My goal is for the mill to pay for its self! I am down to the final decision and getting ready to place my order. I have operated the LT28 for a year now and like how it has performed. I am however also considertin the Timberking 1400 due to the hydraulics and other things. I have not ever operated a Timberking but have read good reviews. Just looking for basic advice on which one would be the better saw. Thank you all for your time,
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Bibbyman

If you like the LT28 but want hydraulics,  then the LT35 is the way to go.  Great mill, great value.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

123maxbars

Thanks bibbyman, but the LT35 would be a little out of my price range for the monthly payment, but I appreciate you input and enjoy watching your videos about your operation. 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Ronnie

I had the 1400 on order then changed my mind and upgraded to the 1600 I wanted the hydraulic loading arms and log turner. I have only had it for a month and it's the first mill I have ever owned, but I will saw its solid. They have a new you tube video of the 1400 in action you should check it out if you haven't. Good luck on your decision, I researched and agonized over mine for months and so far am happy with my decision.

Ronnie
TK2000, JD5075, Stihl 660,270,170.

nlrwrangler

I just want to throw this out there do what you want with it.  The EZboardwalk 40 is in the same class but is less expensive but that does not mean that quality is any less.  I have the smaller Jr model and absolutely love it.  It is well build and cuts like a dream. The 40 is a manual mill just the as the LT28.  By the way the cutting width is wider on the EZboardwalk than ether the LT28 or the TK1400.   Paul Case on the forum has one and I am sure he could tell you much more about it.  I am not a salesman from ezboardwalk just a satisfied customer.  With a goal of using the mill to pay for itself a lower price sounded much better personally.  I was looking at the LT10 and TK1220.

FYI

Magicman

Do not overlook the used sawmill option. 

I would first check the "For Sale" board below and then other sources.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

logboy

I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

Thank You Sponsors!