iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to find a mill?

Started by locustoak, May 01, 2012, 03:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustoak

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a sawmill database out there?  I KNOW there are a couple "hobby sawyers" around me because  I remember their advertisements years ago.  However, now that I actually need a log milled, they are nowhere to be found!  It's a crotch log that I want to make slab table-tops out of, so I need someone who has time to cut it just the way I want.
I've checked the ad section here on FF, craigslist, and the yellow pages without any luck.  Is there any place I'm not trying?

Chuck White

Click on the tool box, at the bottom of the sponsors list on the left!

Should be able to find something there!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Upper right of this screen, "Find-a-Database".   
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

beenthere

Post a pic of the log. Would be interesting to see it.
Hope you find a mill. Near where in Indiana?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooney

locustoak

Thanks everyone! I tried the FF database and only found 1 person, but his mill isn't big enough.  Also sent a request to woodmizer, so I'll see if there's anyone local that way.

Also, I'll try to get a pic in a couple days.

Thank You Sponsors!