iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ornery husky 394xp

Started by Blaszer, November 24, 2018, 05:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaszer

Ive had a 394p for 20 years...I only try to use it when I need the bigger power and I have 5 other small saws to fill the void,,,,  As long as Ive had it, its been temperamental...If it doesn't start by the 5th pull, forget it and try again tomorrow.....A month ago, it wouldn't start at all,,, weak spark....I bought a new coil and now the spark is super strong but the {ADMIN LANGUAGE EDIT} still won't start.....even with a snort of ether in the plug hole....Any ideas before I throw it in my pond?

sawguy21

First of all, throw the ether away and use a spritz of gas. That stuff is hard on a two stroke engine. Have you removed the muffler and checked the piston for scoring?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Blaszer

oh yeah...I checked.....  The rings are worn right flush to the piston..its a shame... The rest of the piston and cylinder look like new....But right up front around the port looks like a train wreck....Amazon has a complete jug and gaskets kit for $169...The cylinder is worn beyond honing so I guess I'll hafto bite the bullet and do it....Luckily, Ive got an 044 that runs well that I can use as a fill in.....  What do you think would be a fair price to sell it for after its rebuilt with a 24 and 36 inch bar?  

Thank You Sponsors!