iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

This is one of the reasons I enjoy the portable milling. You never know what the next job will bring.
Great job on the milling.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Peter Drouin

Delawhere Jack  the red deer I think come from europe . these deer are the ones that robinhood would shoot . the kings deer.  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

The Red Stag is native to New Zeland.

I've watched many hunts for them on the Outdoor Channel.

Hey thanks for posting all of the pics Peter, keeps a good record of what you've been doing.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Leigh Family Farm

Thanks for the
Ice. Now I know what I'm REALLY getting myself into ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

WDH

I believe that red deer were imported into New Zealand.  There were no native large mammals there before the hand of man.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 22, 2012, 07:58:06 PM
I believe that red deer were imported into New Zealand.  There were no native large mammals there before the hand of man.

You been reading books again?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I have read more books than there are scleriform vessel elements in a sweetgum log  :D.

Actually, I got to visit on a logging benchmarking trip (work related  :)), and the local Foresters told me that the red deer were introduced, and now they are trying to thin them down as they compete with the native critters.  At the time that I was there, it was an open season on them. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Nice job, I just hope this guy has the stickers ready to use. I always check on this first, especially with 10,000ft worth plus,  I will have the owner stack a few logs, straight ones, without knots, to cut out stickers, we cut them 42" long and pile them up. It does take a bit longer but the finish product is so much better. no double handling.  Still yet if the guy has this kind of money he can do what he  wishes.  Great job,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JustinW_NZ

thats right.

And they do taste good!

cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Ianab

Bats and seals are the only native mammals of any kind. Everything else is introduced, and pretty much considered a pest if it's feral as there are no large natural predators either.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Peter Drouin

What a nice day today is. I went out to the mill today to cut some pine that I have in to 1"x21" 9'4" long. I know odd size, but look how nice it is :D

and I got caught up on my wood turning blocks too. 

And I do cut some odd thing, some people love em all cherry :D :D :D :D

and some fire place mantels  I use wax on the ends. so they don;t split :D :D  Did I say how nice a day it is :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

PD! very impressive! nice looking everthing. I just recently got into the wood turning blocks for a fellow that is doing this.  Not quite the stock you have, but the same technique.  Awsome work man,   love to see this, it is good for the mojo factor for sure,  you guys are a blessing.    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Wow, what a beautimous log!

Norm

Logs like that are what all of us sawyers dream of!

Magicman

I also like your "wood store".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

Wow!  My SYP is not nearly that big nor that round!  You go dude!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Peter Drouin on August 30, 2012, 12:21:05 PM
  I use wax on the ends. so they don;t split :D :D  Did I say how nice a day it is :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

What kind of Wax do you use to seal the ends?
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Peter Drouin

Hi BB. I use whatever I can get :D :D :D :D ski wax candle wax parafin wax it all works I did try anchorseal , that stuff don;t work for me,I heat the wax in a can and pant it on the big wood. the small wood I dip them in a cookie sheet, the wax is like 1" deep ,  It works well for me :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Well to day I went to the tunbridge fair in vermont, what a nice fair. the men from NY where there selling mills, all sizes :D and they had some blackwallnut for sale. they do what I do try to sell a little wood at the fair. coffee money :D :D :D

thats the new 38 horse yamar for the new 40 supper

And this is my friend yogi bear that came to see me we had a talk a bout the feeder. the bottom of the feeder is at 6'. he did say he will leave the honey bees alone :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Peter.....that's one of the prettiest pics I've seen in a while. All those Walnut slabs leaning up beside that ORANGE Wood-Mizer!

I'll bet ya'll had a good time. Nice pictures of Yogi!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Yes I did Postonlt40 It is a good fair . and that Yogi is a small one. we have a lot biger ones. In all the years I never had a problem with them. you see I have no dogs and all the wild life is allways in my yard. with or with out food :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Another small job 5500 BF I get a lot of them. But this one the logs where old and the bark will come off and seem to get inbetween the cant and bed, I have to stop and clean out the bark out all the time. What a pain :D :D :D but I did get the job done day and a half

but you know it was a nice day, a lot of sunshine :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

Nice, wish I had time to frame pics/ glad it is going that good for you. 

Sawdust Lover

Do they still have the horse pulls at the Tunbridge fair? I remember going there as a kid with our horses. Dont remember seeing the sawmills.

Peter Drouin

Hi sawdust lover. yes they do, and ox pull too. the mills have been there every time I go, but only WM is there. no outher mills I don;t know why, theres a big crowd there  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!