To long on one end. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Is that for the up/down motor?
They came and got my tractor yesterday for some warranty work
They say I will have it back tomorrow. 
I'm not buying it got my logger friend coming with his log truck to load the deck in the morning.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Those are the power feed sprockets that pull/push against the chain.  I am on at least my third set.  

I love that Cat's tilting ability Peter.  Thankfully that is what is working with me now.  That and the telescoping boom are life savers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Put on a nice 24" x 12'long white pine today.
Milled out some 18" wide boards and some nice side lumber.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

caveman

John and I were planning to plane some longleaf pine today and glue up a table top but we may have a buyer after sending a picture of the planed wood.
Anyway, we set the pitch a week or so ago and got around to planing it today.  We'll see if it sells.  If not, we'll glue up a table top.

Caveman

Southside

Dang - that is purdy...How big of a log did that come out of?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

caveman

Southside, these were 2"x 12" 's.  We sawed them quite a while ago and these are some of 30-40 2x8 - 2 x 12's we sawed that day.  I think the logs were 18-20" in diameter.  There is a picture somewhere of my hand on a longleaf stump with a lightening strike scar (the stump, not my hand).  If you look carefully at the board on the left in the top picture, you will see the damage from that strike.

John and I spent a weekend a few summers ago cutting, loading, hauling and unloading about 25 of these longleaf pines from a lot that was to be a home site.  These trees were 100-125 years old.

The first can of planer shavings was taken to my daughter's hog pen for bedding but we bagged the rest to use as fire starter and to make our trucks smell good.  
Caveman

Southside

I remember that photo, sure is some nice lumber. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

I did not cut wood today, Had to scale a load of Hemlock. Yesterday was R Oak.

I do spread them out to scale.

This is what Hemlock should look like, cleen no shake.

Some Oak.

Custome cutting too'
18" W Pine, some random stuff too.

Have truck loads of chips going out.

But I do have to get on the stick. A lot of lumber to replace that was sold the last few weeks.

All in all a good day.
More logs coming this week. [Winter cut] is the best.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Looking good Sir
Nice logs
Where are the chips going ?
I hear the softwood pulp is going to start picking up.
One mill in Maine is taking it for a new process making cardboard.

Peter Drouin

Burlin power plant.
franken-smiley
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Dog days of summer.
Drying wood sending out timber frames.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Nebraska

Looks warm there too, only thing missing is the dog.. :)

Bandmill Bandit

Another happy customer! Cut these timbers and lumber (pics below) last July and they just finished the final touches to this structure on the week end. Will be a cobble stone floor as well

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Bruno of NH

How's the Lull working out ?

WDH

Peter,

What would a pine 10 x 10 x 10 pine beam green off the sawmill be worth?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on July 20, 2020, 06:21:23 PM
Peter,

$ 80,00    I get $150 a bf up to 16' Then the price goes up. I give .35 a bf for W Pine here.
How are things with you WDH? are you enjoying your retirement?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Yes Sir.  Working harder now than ever.  This sawmilling business keeps one busy.  $1.50 sounds good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: WDH on July 20, 2020, 06:21:23 PM
Peter,

In this Country that timber would be $265CDN FOB my yard, so about 200 ish USD. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Bandmill Bandit

Todays Milling is a  Labor of Love that was a result of several people coming together to help a school for first nations junior and senior high school kids with the wood shop classes in their schools new shop.

The kids love the shop and the potential but the budget for material is so minimal that students need to pay half the cost of the wood and material for the projects they want to build. For most of the kids 25 bucks might as well be a million.

This tree was ordered removed by the city. It was located on the edge of the lot of the school's Principal and her husband Larry, about 6 feet from the road.

While Larry was falling it, I stopped and asked what they were going to do with it. He said "fire wood"! I said there is a lot of good lumber in that tree.

He said yea but I don't need any lumber. Gail, his wife and the schools principal, asked what it would cost to mill it. I asked her who's paying? She said we could really use it for the school shop and I said "In that case I will mill it for free!"

The link will take you to the schools web site and i will add more pictures as soon as I figure out how to capture them from a video stream.
https://www.mamawiatosketan.ca/  

Larry dropping the tree.

Milling in progress.

We got just under 600BF and the young man helping me is the schools industrial arts teacher. He asked me if I would mill logs for the school if he brought them to me.

I told him to find some good logs and get them to the school and I would help him do a class on "forest to home" for the classes he teaches Including a couple of classes of milling the logs on the schools site. He was very excited and happy and accepted my offer enthusiastically with the principles blessing as she was standing right there when we talked about it.

Jeff, Mods, I am thinking this may turn into a thread that will warrant its own space. Please monitor and let me know if you think it should get moved. Thanks

Peter Drouin

Always good to help the kids and the poor.
Good job. 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Fun today, 0° with sun, put up a tent, mill head over the hydro box, turn on the space heater for 30 min later the cat fired up hydro works like it's 40°

Cutting 18- 9"x9"x14'  50--4"x8"x14'  Had my 5th TT load of Hemlock comes in at 3,30 have it all scaled.
Put it away in the morning. Make room for more.
I love mechanize loggers. ;)
Had a customer who said it will get colder tonight.  
Have the lull plug in too.
I would have put up some pix, but I'm having trouble with the kodack.
You all stay warm out there.
:new_year:

A&P saw Mill LLC.

47sawdust

Peter,
 That hemlock is some nice.
 Squeaky cold here in Bernie land.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

PAmizerman

Cold here too. Around 10° today.
My logs are currently stalled out. Loggers tell me it's been to windy to cut.
My log yard is empty and the orders keep piling up. I keep trying to catch you Peter.
22 triaxle loads for me last year. What's your average for a year?
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

moodnacreek

Down here I only had one logger who cut logs like that, the right way. He had to retire early due to severe lime disease. The others are tree removable people who mostly butcher everything. I pay accordingly but running a chainsaw is not what I am supposed to be doing.

Thank You Sponsors!