iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made a $250.00 dollar mistake by waiting

Started by hedgerow, October 13, 2021, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgerow

So its been a dry fall around here and we have been deep in grain harvest. Finally got some rain yesterday so we had a break from harvest. Wife had been saying better get the propane tank filled just in case the Garn starts to leak again. I had to buy $2.50 a gallon propane during the coldest part of last winter because the Garn went down. I hadn't bought any propane in the eight prior years. Always heating with wood and the Garn. So I called to order some propane as my tank would take 250 gallons. The gal on the phone says its went up a dollar a gallon in the last couple months and now is $2.26 a gallon. I told her to have them fill it up anyway. I should have made the call this summer. Hope ever one has there fuel needs covered. 

alan gage

Quote from: hedgerow on October 13, 2021, 05:17:03 PM
So its been a dry fall around here and we have been deep in grain harvest. Finally got some rain yesterday so we had a break from harvest. Wife had been saying better get the propane tank filled just in case the Garn starts to leak again. I had to buy $2.50 a gallon propane during the coldest part of last winter because the Garn went down. I hadn't bought any propane in the eight prior years. Always heating with wood and the Garn. So I called to order some propane as my tank would take 250 gallons. The gal on the phone says its went up a dollar a gallon in the last couple months and now is $2.26 a gallon. I told her to have them fill it up anyway. I should have made the call this summer. Hope ever one has there fuel needs covered.
Shoot, just checked and see it's up .50/gallon here. I've been dragging my feet thinking maybe it would drop with dry crops coming out of the fields. Do I buy now or see if it goes back down?
Since I'm a procrastinator I think I know the answer :)
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

GRANITEstateMP

when ever the price of heating fuel jumps that much, my firewood prices go up too.  It's a short windfall, the price I pay for logs goes up when diesel does. Better try and stay on top of it
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

snobdds

If it's $2.26 now and was $2.50 last year...you're playing with house money.  Buy when convenient. 

Thank You Sponsors!