iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clear white pine pricing.

Started by Dave Shepard, October 19, 2021, 10:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I have several high quality butt logs that will make some clear 8/4 boards, some could be very wide, with zero sap. I'm looking for green pricing. Thanks. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

The most Irving is paying up here is $400/th. That includes: Maine, NB and NS. At least that is posted on their site. Who knows what special side deals they have. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

I'm looking for board pricing, I already own the logs. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Sawing you mean? Owning the logs works both ways, sawing or selling logs. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

Attempt #3: I have logs that I'm going to saw into 8/4 boards. I'm looking for an idea of what they are worth. There will be some that is clear with no sapwood.

Southside

How big are these logs you want to buy?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Dave Shepard

The largest of the logs, which I already own,  ;), is 1.492537313 Smoots long by .447761194 Smoots in diameter. The smallest of the logs, which I already own, in case anyone has forgotten, is .358208955 Smoots in diameter. I can do Angstroms, too, if needed. 

barbender

So how much are you willing to pay for good white pine logs?😂 I get a $1/bf for green pine, white or red. I like it, it is an easy number for me to work with😊
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

You need someone to fell and skid that timber too or you just hoping to buy good ground that will grow White Pine for future generations?  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Dave Shepard

I started sawing up my big butt logs this afternoon. Got the two small ones done. I'm still trying to get a handle on a fair price for clear, no defect, no sapwood boards. Most will be in the 13" to 18" range. I'm not trying to get rich off of these boards, but I don't want to let them go way too cheap, either. I've sawn about half a million feet of pine, so I know this stuff doesn't come along everyday. 

Southside

Put $2 on it and see what happens is what I would do. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Stick to your guns Dave and see how it shakes out. Beautiful boards. :)

randy d

Those are some beautiful boards what we do is go to Menards or what ever lumber store is near you and price out what they are asking. we drop our price a little  and it has worked for us we sell very little lumber most of what we cut goes to family use.  Randy

Don P

today, KD Furn Grade clear 4/4 1.60 /1.75 10&wider. 8/4 $2.00

moodnacreek

Those should go on sticks in a shed. This is the best time to cut , no chance of stain and a nice slow start to drying. I could not bare to sell those green and let someone ruin them as always happens.  Last I saw thick, wide K.D.sugar pine it was around $7.00 bd. ft.  Those well air dried should bring half of that.

Dave Shepard

They will go straight into a kiln. Thanks for the replies. 

Bruno of NH

4/4 wide like that 
I get $1.50 a bdft air dried
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

That's all 8/4. Is yours clear like a stick of butter?

newoodguy78

That's beautiful material. Ain't getting stuff like that just anywhere. I'd start higher than what you think possible then come down if you need to.
Robinson's in Hardwick Mass might be worth a call. Only people I can think of that would have something comparable to price against.
Bought a lot of their product through the years, excellent people to deal with and very knowledgeable.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 13, 2022, 10:08:16 PM
4/4 wide like that
I get $1.50 a bdft air dried
Yes clear like butter 
Get lots of logs like it 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

I believe Bruno on quality because I've been to his state, all kinds of nice clear pine standing among the oaks. :)  Up here in NB, most of ours are junk pine with 3 or 4 tops. Weevils and rust are bad here, besides past high grading. Irving only wants your best logs up here, and don't offer much $$. ;)

Don P

We had a large porch ceiling on one job, over 100' of unbroken T&G overhead. I had ordered the T&G from a local building supply but it came out of NH. I ran short, rather than ordering another full unit I went to a local log home company and picked up enough to finish, it was local VA EWpine, same species. We put it up, were sitting there eating lunch, and I had to say "We're taking that down after lunch".  The grain and knot pattern were so much looser on our pine it stuck out like a sore thumb. Our growth rate is about double theirs. We had to reorder from up north. It was a valuable lesson. I just had a couple of nice ones on the mill, some of the larger pines on the property. They did not yield that although I was able to get some nice clear vertical grain 1x6 4/4 around the knots. I'll ask $1.75 for it.

Tim

8/4 clear white pine, kd , I'd start at $4 / board foot and go down from there.

You fellows sure gave Dave Shepard a hard time... It brought a smile to my face.
Eastern White Cedar Shingles

Dave Shepard

GAB

Dave:
Since you are in Massawhosits you should be able to sell it to the "This Old House" personnel for the very special price of only $18.95 per board foot green.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!