iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swine flu – hype or real health threat?

Started by Bibbyman, September 09, 2009, 09:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonebroke

So I guess the world didn't come to a end like they were predicting.

Stonebroke

Magicman

I hope that I'm one of the folks that didn't get the swine flu shot and slips by.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Black_Bear

The big pharmaceutical companies have a lot of clout. They grease the lobbyists and politicians to spread the word and to make things happen. Not to belittle the mutation of a gene, we wouldn't be here if genes didn't mutate and it's serious stuff, but I have a hard time buying into anything our Federal Govt. supports, or worse, promotes.

How much did the pharm. companies profit from H1N1 vaccines?

I like that quote from Carlin...he knew what was up and he told ya so!! No one was more of a straight shooter than George Carlin.

Warbird

Heh.  I think George would readily admit that sometimes, he was as full of crap as anyone else.

Magicman

I have a Daughter that was diagnosed with flu today.  Don't know if it is "swine" or not.....but she's sickkkk.... :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

Maybe the last word on Swine flu..

"Reports accuse WHO of exaggerating H1N1 threat, possible ties to drug makers"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/04/AR2010060403034.html

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Warbird

Wow.  I doubt this will be the last word...

Samuel

Its an interesting conspiracy theory...  and I love conspiracy theories... :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Gary_C

That claim is just total BS in my opinion and based on not facts, just WONDERMENT. Here is the sum total of the facts against the WHO:

"We are left wondering whether major public health organizations are able to effectively manage the conflicts of interest that are inherent in medical science," the report states.

People died and many got very sick from that H1N1 virus. Who can say now how many more would have died or been hospitalized had they not brought that vaccine up quickly. And H1N1 is not gone, it's still out there.

So I don't believe the facts, even in hindsight support their claims. The only fact that is true is they spent a bunch of money getting the vaccine to market quickly. So do they think protecting people against threats should be done for nothing?  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!