iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free logs, well almost

Started by pineywoods, December 28, 2011, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Got an offer from a man clearing a building lot in town. He fells the trees, bucks to log length, and cleans up the tops. I get the logs. The catch is, I have to take them all. Mostly small pines, pretty junky. I had to take these

in order to get these

There ar 2 nice cherry logs in the pile
Plus I had to haul them 20 miles.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

mad murdock

Looks like you did ok on that deal piney!  Nice whack of logs.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Meadows Miller

Gday

You gotta take the good with the bad sometimes and the price is rite and they look alright  ;) ;D 8) My next pine job is 40 miles away and I think thats close but it is 5 acres  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

WDH

I am cutting a bunch of junky oak that the drought killed, and as I lay on the couch last night with an aching back, I was wondering why?  :)

The junky stuff can be hauled back into the woods, and the beetles, worms, and grubs can have a place to live  :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Frickman

We have absolutely no market for pine in my area so I charge to haul it away. Hardwoods I'll go get though. Even if they are low quality I can resell them as firewood. Being in the north where we burn alot of firewood the free hardwood logs are getting kinda scarce.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

lumberjack48

Looks like most of it is stained, and just about to far gone for firewood.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Ohio_Bill

Today was my day for free logs . My friend with the excavation business cleared a lot and gave the logs to me for getting them out of his way . Some nice oak , poplar and  hickory . also some not so nice  .  I had already hauled one load when this picture was taken .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

lumberjack48

Some nice looking logs, like they say Bill, Cash is good  8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!