iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kids Computer Desk

Started by Ianab, April 06, 2004, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Recently finished off a little desk for my boys, bench seat and the custom built wooden PC case that I made last year. The box on the right is the PC, the one on the left is the little subwoofer. Yes the speaker is bigger. The 19" LCD monitor isn't mine unfortunately :(  I'm installing it for a client tomorrow, but couldn't resist sitting it there for a photo ;)

The desk is made from Leighton Cypress, the seat is radiata pine and the PC is recycled Rimu.
Close up of the PC

Next project, a 'computer desk'. Involving building a PC into a solid slab cypress desktop. A few design and production issues to overcome still, but it will be something different.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

Neat desk, Lan.  I like that wood, looks good. 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ADfields

Cool 8)
Did you fit a power supply and fan in that little box and did you line it with something?   Never would have thunk of a wood CPU ;)
Andy

Ianab

Hi Andy

Yeah.. the little box has power supply, system board, 20gb disk drive, a DVD player.. and 5 cooling fans!!!!
It's approx 9" cube, the non wooden bits are tinted perspex... and it lights up inside with blue LEDs.  8)  ( couldn't resist putting the extra lights in )

This page has a few other ideas for PCs
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects.asp
Some more wooden ones, an aircraft carrier, a teddybear, a gingerbread house  ::)   You name it someone has put a PC in it ::)
No need to have a boring beige box anymore!

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!