iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E classic 2400 removable air channels

Started by olesmokey, January 30, 2018, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olesmokey

Heating my house and shop with a Central Boiler Eclassic 2400 made in 2008. The welds are coming apart along the top of the air channels in the fire box. I understand central boiler has made an aftermarket retrofit to fix this? Has anyone else done this repair? How is it working?

overclocking

There is a few threads on here detailing the procedure. All the replacement kits are is a bolt in channel. You can remove and clean them. I made my own for my 1400 and it was the best mod I have done to it.

Roger2561

Overclocking - That mod you made, still working okay for you?  I'll have to do something in the off season.  I cannot count on the guy who said he'd make something for me, so it looks like I'll have to tackle it myself.  I know you only did the side channels on yours, I'm going to have to replace just about everything in mine.  The cracks have caused the old channel to warp so badly that it's not allowing much air into the firebox, only those holes on the far end are still working.  Roger 
Roger

overclocking

Quote from: Roger2561 on February 01, 2018, 10:30:15 AM
Overclocking - That mod you made, still working okay for you?  I'll have to do something in the off season.  I cannot count on the guy who said he'd make something for me, so it looks like I'll have to tackle it myself.  I know you only did the side channels on yours, I'm going to have to replace just about everything in mine.  The cracks have caused the old channel to warp so badly that it's not allowing much air into the firebox, only those holes on the far end are still working.  Roger

Yep! Still working good. Only thing I would have done different is use thicker stainless. Everything else is great. Been pulling 16 hours out of oak in 0* temps and 24 hour burns when around 30*. No real clogs yet either, every third week I just stick the leaf blower in where the rear solenoid is and blow all the ash out of the holes.

Roger2561

Overclocking - I cannot remember the thickness of the stainless you used, what do you think would work better?  If my memory is correct, you welded an angle piece behind it to give it added strength and help prevent warping.  Do you believe it helped or is it overkill?  Roger
Roger

overclocking

Quote from: Roger2561 on February 03, 2018, 06:54:34 AM
Overclocking - I cannot remember the thickness of the stainless you used, what do you think would work better?  If my memory is correct, you welded an angle piece behind it to give it added strength and help prevent warping.  Do you believe it helped or is it overkill?  Roger

I forget the thickness, but it wasn't thick enough, I'm going to update the channels this year with thicker material. The angle is on the firebox side of the plates and it works good for several reasons, mostly because it keeps the ash out of the channels and gives a ledge to run the rake up and down to keep the ash from getting near the holes. It also keeps the wood from blocking the channels when you fill it. It allows good airflow around the wood.   

olesmokey

Wanting to know if anyone has bought the replacement air channel kit from central boiler? Specifically the air channel kit that is removable for cleaning.

burnswin

I installed the replacement channels and they have warped badly, bowing into the firebox.  I stiffened up one side with channels and that side hasn't bowed as badly.  The stainless should be thicker.  

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: olesmokey on January 30, 2018, 12:27:28 PM
Heating my house and shop with a Central Boiler Eclassic 2400 made in 2008. The welds are coming apart along the top of the air channels in the fire box. I understand central boiler has made an aftermarket retrofit to fix this? Has anyone else done this repair? How is it working?
A person can make some real nice heavy duty ones with the right size C channel.

Thank You Sponsors!