iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where does this pin go on an LT40?

Started by yellowrosefarm, January 16, 2013, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowrosefarm

When I got my mill a couple of years ago, this pin was laying next to the gas tank. I've never been able to figure out where it goes. Probably so simple it's like overlooking my boots but if someone can tell me where it goes, I'd appreciate it.

Dave Shepard

What year and model WM? I don't recall seeing anything like that on the '92, '94, or '08 mills that I've run.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Slab Slicer

Looks like a trailer hitch receiver pin. Maybe it was just left there by mistake. Is there a small hole in the straight end for a cotter pin?
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

MartyParsons

Hello,
I don't think it was on the mill when new.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

T Welsh

yellowrosefarm, It looks a little big,but there is a slot on the debarker pivot arm that has a pin slot for locking it in place while traveling! It may fit there. Tim

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

squack

Look's like pin that goes in set to hold it in place  when you travel

AdamT

Quote from: squack on January 17, 2013, 07:39:05 AM
Look's like pin that goes in set to hold it in place  when you travel

That's what I was thinking too.
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

It just doesn't look like part of an LT40.

Must go to something else, the former owner probably just laid it there and forgot about it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scully

head set pin . when you pack up the mill the head would set dowm on it . thats my guess and I'm stickin to it .
I bleed orange  .

roger 4400

Could it be a pin to lock a ball receiver on a vehicule....
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

LOGDOG

That pin doesn't go on an LT40. That's a pin for a blade or a rake that goes on the back of a tractor mounted to a 3 point hitch. The blade or rake will pivot left to right, with a series of holes in a plate and another hole above those. That pin drops down in through the holes to lock it in place. I have several of them and they look just like that.

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: MartyParsons on January 16, 2013, 09:31:17 PM
Hello,
I don't think it was on the mill when new.
Marty
I'll go with what Marty says.  He should know! smiley_thumbsup
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

porcupine

I have a 10' disk that has two of those pins.

The angle of the disks can be moved for more or less aggressive bite into the soil.

The pins are pulled out to make the adjustment then reinserted.
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

rmack

might have been put there just because it looked to be the right colour.
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

yellowrosefarm

Thanks for the replys. It does match the color on the rest of the mill. There is no pin hole at the bottom, there was no debarker on the mill when I got it, the pin for the head to set on for travel is there. This pin does have significant wear on the stem. I like the idea of it going on some other implement. I wouldn't feel as dumb for not being able to figure out where it goes.

Okrafarmer

It does seem to be a fairly standard issue equipment positioning pin. Profdan has one or two on his Kuhn disk mower.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

LeeB

Check the hitch and make sure it's not being used as a replacement for one of the originals.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

yellowrosefarm

This mill had a 2" hydraulic brake ball hitch when I got it. I changed to electric brakes and a pintle ring hitch. I'm pretty sure it's a 1992 year model.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: yellowrosefarm on January 18, 2013, 09:06:01 AM
This mill had a 2" hydraulic brake ball hitch when I got it. I changed to electric brakes and a pintle ring hitch. I'm pretty sure it's a 1992 year model.

Well, you can join the club of people who are using antique Woodmizers! I am a proud member, myself.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Thank You Sponsors!