iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 point hitch log grapple

Started by 250quality, September 19, 2011, 03:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

250quality

Getting sick of dragging chains and getting in and out of the tractor. Went looking today at a Wallenstein 3 point hich log grapple. Anyone else using one of these or any other brand? Kena makes one that looks pretty good as well bu un sure which to go for.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

What tractor would you put it on?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Autocar

You better be pretty careful with that idea. You can flip your tractor over back words , once you lift it and start to pull the harder it will pull as it get further from the tractor. I ended up putting a chain between the tractor and the grapple so it would only get so far from the rear. Mine was on a super m farmall.
Bill

250quality

I have a DK55 kioti so flipping it is pretty tough. Skidded come 32" oak 12' long with no worries last fall.
I looked at the 5100 today but there is a model made by Kena I like as well. Just the shipping and duty is the killer as the Wallenstein is in stock here.

Side loader

Side loader log truck w/492 Detroit, bell super T feller buncher, Barko 160 with JD power, Kubota M4900 with brush raker grapple on front and shop built bunching grapple on back. JD 350B Dozer; JD 548D skidder;  and a couple of saws.

Side loader

Here is another one that is also a home made shop built grapple. Works good for skidding logs and even pulpwood or chip n saw size wood. But it's no good for bunching. 

Side loader log truck w/492 Detroit, bell super T feller buncher, Barko 160 with JD power, Kubota M4900 with brush raker grapple on front and shop built bunching grapple on back. JD 350B Dozer; JD 548D skidder;  and a couple of saws.

250quality

Very nice work. The wallenstein has a by-pass grapple so I think it will be the winner,also 1 year warranty and made here locally. For $2000 I'm not sure I could build one.

bill m

Here are some pictures of the grapple I have for my tractor.

It is made by Iron & Oak. I added the winch for pulling over trees and for trees I could not back up to. It works good for land clearing but not so good for logging unless your skid is shorter than about 2 or 300 feet. I can bunch firewood size trees but not saw logs. The one draw back with it is that it is so far behind the ends of the lift arms you loose a lot of lifting capacity. My winch

will lift twice as much as the grapple.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!