iDRY Vacuum Kilns

'Full member x2'?

Started by Rocky_J, May 08, 2004, 08:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky_J

Hi Jeff,
I was wondering what the 'x2' indicates under my name?  ???

Tom

A full member title covers posts made from 50-199.

Full member x2 covers posts made from 101 to 250

It's kinda twice as many or X2.

Have to come up with some kind of titles because the number of posts allows members different access to the forum.  Some are noticable and some aren't. :)

Rocky_J

Well that is why I am asking about the 'x2' thing. I did not notice any differences.

Jeff

Yer prize will be in your next box of cereal. We got a deal with Nuts and Honey  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Cherrios Deadheader. Dont you get that commercial?

Wife asks the guy what he has. "What did ya get?"

Husband says " Nuttin Honey"

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Rocky_J

Well, I still don't get it. I have no idea why there is a 'x2' under my name and yet other members who have been here longer with over 400 posts don't have the 'x2'.

Does it have something to do with food? Seems like everything else around here is somehow tied into some sort of food related topic.  :D

Tom

Time hasn't anything to do with it. The 400 plus postings do.  That's how you earn your trees, your title, your brownie points and all that good stuff. :D  It's kinda like getting another Star in your crown.  I guess Jeff could call it something else but that really seems to fit pretty good.  Some of those titles happen because of Forum conversations over the years. That's all they are is a title.  Kinda like being called "Great Grand Poo Bah!" :D :D

sprucebunny

How many posts before one can access the classifieds?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tom

zero

We want members to have been around long enough to be a bonified member before that put an ad on the "for sale"  but, far as I know, anybody can read the ads.  We just don't want someone spamming the board with an ad and one post, never to return.   If they want to use the ads, they can say how-do-you-do and offer some wisdom.  That's fair, isn't it?

sprucebunny

Well it must have been my computer that wouldn't handle it ,then.I'll try again.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

The classifieds are absolutely no different then any other board here. If you can see general or sawmills or whatever, you can see the ads. No diff.  :)

Rocky_J

Hey Jeff,
I've noticed a couple threads got moved out of the 'General' forum recently. Typically started by someone with less than 10 posts and the thread gets moved to a forum I cannot access (such as Conferencing or something like that). How does that work, and does the thread starter have to wait a year until they have enough posts to be able to read the thread they started?

And I still don't see any difference between my current status and 'full member' status. I'm just starting to get curious as to how much more there is to this forum and if I'll ever be able to see it?

Ianab

Dont worry too much there Rocky..
Those moved posts are usually just 'inappropiate'
Spam or Abuse or just WAY off topic.
Rather than just being deleted they can be moved to an Admin area so all the Admins can see what is happening.

You aren't missing much  ::)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

What you see moved that you cant access is almost all the time an ad placed by someone that probably only registered so they could place an ad. Had one just a day or two. He turned out to be a BIG jerk. Iowa, I feel sorry for ya.

Other times it will be what we felt was inappropriate but we moved it to our admin board for discussion on action. We dont always just delete in those cases. The admin board is seen only by admins. Its really only used for things like that. Our conversations in there will always pertain to forum operations. Its to much fun being one of DA guys to be hanging in there. Those other guys are O_L_D!

Gilman

Jeff,
Around Christmas time do our trees get lights on them?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

sandmar

Nah Gilman
No lights, would have to some kind of food knowing these guys  ;)
Maybe popcorn strings  or cheese ball ornaments or chocolate Santas............in Jeff's case,I am sure it would be something with GRITS  ::)  You all know that GRITS stands for Girls Raised In The South......and mighty fine grits they are!

Sandmar

Gilman

I wouldn't be surprised.

Samill stories end with what was for dinner.

Find a poisonous stake, explain what it tasts like

Hit some tramp, time for a fruit roll wrapped around grits

Nieghbor brings you a burl and time for some pork chops.

I think I could go on forever!
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)