iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF knowledge pays off again

Started by Ianab, September 12, 2004, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Went to a Quiz night with Lil, a fundraiser for the Pre-school where she works.
Was a good night out, but one of the questions was "What are Grits made from?". Now in NZ thats a bit of a mystery, but we KNEW the answer  :D
Interstingly enough.. the next Q was "Whats Marmite made from?"... Wonder where they did their research ???
We might have won but the rest of the team wouldn't belive me that some strange Japanese word was a mushroom, not whale sushi.. or that avocado is more fattening than bananas...

Such is life  ::)

We got 3 place anyway  :)

ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

CHARLIE

Fattening or not, I love avocado!  Especially those grown in Florida. They are huge compared to the little dinky variety grown in California. Here in the midwest though, we can't get the Florida avocados. I like to just cut them in half, a little salt and a little lemon juice. Mmmmmmm Mm!  Scoop it out with a spoon. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

Charlie,

I'm kinda fond of them 'allegator pears' myself ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

Everything is bigger in Florida, even the melons.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gilman

Ooooo Charlie, You say, "lemon juice."  I love the, "cut in half with a little salt..." but you then add, "lemon juice."  

I've got to get me an avacado tomorrow and try the lemon juice.  Is it possible to improve on the avacado an a little salt?

Dum dum dum... tune in tomorrow and see  ;D

(lemon, lemon, nope ketchup, nope lime juice, taDa! there she is ready and waiting.  Watch out gal, tomorrow you'll be about four drops lighter)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Wife

We are glad to hear that you are the good sport and did let others have their say. Guess that you got that from the forum as well. :D (Even if those dummies got it wrong) :P Well done to you and your team. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

By the way I'm headin over to the USA in about 2 weeks and I'll have some Marmite with me for those who are interested to try some out. ::) Catch is that you have to try my mill out as well. ;D ;D
Chris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Fla._Deadheader

Bring on that Marmite  :D :D :D  What kinda toast ya gonna be serving with it ???  :D :D :D  I won't need that Marmite to try out that mill. This is gonna be a GOOOOOOD Show.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Save some Marmite for me! 8) 8)  I'm really looking forward to seeing your mills. Lucas has been coming to Moultrie for several years, but I've never laid eyes on a Peterson. With all these sawmills, the rest of the expo is gonna have a hard time getting my attention.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!