iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

My father was a Navy officer and we were moved overnight from England to Florida during the Cuban missile crisis build up. Peanuts out of the field, raw, were my favorite. We moved an average of every 18 months.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Andries

Wow, that'll give growing up a sense of excitement!
And, I bet you learned how to travel light.  :D
My first boss instructed me to never travel with a pack that I couldn't run with.

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

tule peak timber

Watching the news this morning I'm hoping Customsawyer is still on map ?

Magicman

That was a mean devil that passed through and actually both WDH and Jake were in the storm's direction.  It passed over and was within a very few miles of the State Park where we always stay when we are traveling in that direction.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Please don't blow away as I'm looking forward to visiting next month. :-\

Deese

That storm killed 23-24 people yesterday about 60 miles north of me. Bad, bad stuff.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

WDH

Tornado came through just North of me about 25 miles.  Stayed on the ground for a long, long time.  Nothing like what happened in East Alabama.  So many killed.  It was a scary late afternoon.  My heart goes out to the families that lost loved ones. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Everything is fine here. Sure hate it for those that got hit.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

We're fine here too but they hit all around us. 10 miles away in Quincy, Fl, several homes destroyed. 35 miles NE, Cairo, Ga got torn up pretty bad. 40 miles East, just the other side of Tallahassee an EF-3 touched down briefly and took out 10 homes. If it had stayed on the ground just a minute longer it would have clobbered my Brother's house. Fortunately and miraculously, there were no fatalities or serious injuries in all of this. In looking at the pictures, I just don't see how that could be!  Prayers up for those in Alabama who were much less fortunate.  :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

terrifictimbersllc

I would like to attend if you'll have me, both days, take the class. 

Fly to Atlanta rent a car, see my stepdaughter in Atlanta either Thurs or Sun. 

Wondering when everyone leaves, is there a get together on Saturday night usually?  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

Some people hang out Saturday night and socialize.  Jake usually has a BIG bonfire. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

customsawyer

Y'all should know by now, the only thing small about me is my ego.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: customsawyer on March 06, 2019, 03:15:47 PM
::) ::) ::) :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

GAB

Quote from: customsawyer on March 06, 2019, 03:15:47 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

dbmoran

My wife and I will be going for both days. I think that is 53 and 54.
Monica and Blaine

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Andries

I'd like to thaw out for both days as well, that would bring the head count up to 55.

My "better half" is going to take a pass this year. It's not personal, it's business that can't be ignored. "Irma" did damage to her parents house that still hasn't been repaired.  :-\
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

123maxbars

Quote from: Andries on March 06, 2019, 10:39:35 PM
I'd like to thaw out for both days as well, that would bring the head count up to 55.

My "better half" is going to take a pass this year. It's not personal, it's business that can't be ignored. "Irma" did damage to her parents house that still hasn't been repaired.  :-\
Hey alright, looking forward to seeing you again pal, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Andries

Mr WiderHeadPoston might bring a bat with him, watch out for your drone at the Project.
Goats have a thing about high pitched sounds . . . but then again, he'll be slower than usual 'cause of his long skirt.  ;)  :D 
See you there MaxBars!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

YellowHammer

Glad to hear you are coming, but Martha says she will miss your better half.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Andries

Thanks Robert, tell Martha that we will both miss her.  ;D 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Ms. Teea will be missed by all.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ellmoe

Too many characters to pass up. Makes me #55 , for Friday and Saturday.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

caveman

Jake, build it and they will come.  It seems like this project is attracting many of the heavy hitters.  I am really looking forward to it and seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  Try to schedule some cool (not cold) weather for the weekend of the event if you can.  Thank you for your hospitality.
Caveman

Mean Dean

Please add me down as #56 coming for both days.

Dean

Thank You Sponsors!