iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Quote from: caveman on March 25, 2019, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: YellowHammer on March 24, 2019, 08:33:21 AM
Yeah, the worst part of going to Jake's place is how expensive it is.  He's got so much nice equipment, I never seem to visit without driving home saying "I need one of those!" and bang, another bank note. :D :D
You are speaking the truth Robert.

Several years ago we bought a manual mill thinking we would be content to saw a few logs. It has been a very precipitous and slippery slope ever since.  We plan to add a battery so that we can have hydraulics anywhere and build a small wood sterilization box soon.  We will probably wait until after the weekend at Jake's to start these projects.  Of course with all of the Jones' getting vacuum kilns...
Hey ,,,I resemble that remark :D :D :D
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Keep a budget of $300 dollars and buy what you want. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

That is one SGU (Standard Goat Unit).  I have spent many, many, many, many, MANY, MANY SGU's on my modest operation.  Jake prints SGU's. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YellowHammer

It's like going to a Bass Pro Shops of sawmilling, but instead of ringing a bell or blowing a horn for the next show and tell, Jake (or someone ) fires up an engine.  

So we will be all be just chatting and telling stories, then all of a sudden, echoing off the clouds, comes this "Vroom, Vroom" sound and then it's "Well, love to talk some more, but got to go.  Something big just cranked up."  :D :D

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

Y'all are killing me. So what would a SJU (Standard Jake Unit) be? $301.00 If I'm going to be printing them I would rather stay true to myself.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: customsawyer on March 26, 2019, 03:20:05 AM
Y'all are killing me. So what would a SJU (Standard Jake Unit) be? $301.00 If I'm going to be printing them I would rather stay true to myself.
$3000.00
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

Dont have any SGUS or plan on buying any SJUS but may bring some Benjamins
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2019, 07:06:50 PMPatD and I are tentatively adding our names to the list
Well it looks like tentatively ain't gonna happen. :-\  I blew my "motorcycle" knee out a couple of days ago and the knee brace is not helping much.  All that I was doing was getting dressed but took an awkward side step.  I see no way that I can do the prep necessary much less make the trip.  Very disappointing because I was really looking forward to the meeting and fellowship.

That drops the number to about 70 and someone else will have to make Jake a Coconut Pie.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Oh no MM - I am very sorry to hear this.  I was very much looking forward to meeting you. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on March 26, 2019, 09:23:58 AM
Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2019, 07:06:50 PMPatD and I are tentatively adding our names to the list
Well it looks like tentatively ain't gonna happen. :-\  I blew my "motorcycle" knee out a couple of days ago and the knee brace is not helping much.  All that I was doing was getting dressed but took an awkward side step.  I see no way that I can do the prep necessary much less make the trip.  Very disappointing because I was really looking forward to the meeting and fellowship.

That drops the number to about 70 and someone else will have to make Jake a Coconut Pie.
Lynn,  
Sorry about your knee.  You and Pat are each other's nurse, so I know you will be OK,  We will catch you and Pat at the next Big Event.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

tule peak timber

Quote from: Southside logger on March 26, 2019, 09:35:03 AM
Oh no MM - I am very sorry to hear this.  I was very much looking forward to meeting you.
Same here ! Sorry about your leg !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

pineywoods

Dang MM, shouldn't let something like that stop you. Seriously, I'd be happy to loan you a handicap scooter to get around on. Have a nice one all ready to go, just charge the batteries..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

terrifictimbersllc

Very sorry to hear. Looking forward to meeting you somewhere else in the future maybe at the pig roast this year.  Hope you get better fast.  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Lawg Dawg

I was looking forward to meeting Da MagicMan!  Done told everyone in Jefferson about it! But seriously, hope you get to feeling better!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Southside

@doc henderson Do you think you could borrow an ambulance from work and pick up @Magicman on the way? I think we could get a gas fund going to cover the costs.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

Somebody stop by and pick him up. Don't take no for an answer.  :snowball:
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

doc henderson

Sorry MM.  Maybe you will feel better by then.  I know the camper takes a lot of prep.  see how it goes.  not like you need a plane ticket or a motel reserved.  With this group, i would be afraid that a gas fund means we go eat mexican food with chilies and beans. lol,  Mm if there is anything i can do to help, and i am sure i speak for everyone, we will do it.  You are the Patriarch of the FF family.  Jeff is like the big brother!  I am just the smartie pants neighbor.  Hope you recover quicklie and can make it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

SS I have a jackson wheelbarrow, not sure long it will take from his house.  :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

petefrom bearswamp

I agree withs docs assessment of Lynn and Jeff but doc is not the only smarty pants on here.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

GAB

I also wish MM a speedy recovery, however if the nurse is Mrs. Pat he may milk it for a while.
Now if he was in the care of a battle hardened nurse coming at him with a 3" long 12G needle 
that just might shorten his recovery time a smidgen.
Hi Lynn.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Peter Drouin

Hope you heal fast Magic man.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 26, 2019, 09:23:58 AM

Well it looks like tentatively ain't gonna happen. :-\  I blew my "motorcycle" knee out a couple of days ago and the knee brace is not helping much.
Can't you put it in a Sling and come on?

Mossy Chariot

I was really looking forward to meeting you "MagicMan" (Lynn and Pat).  Hope to soon, somewhere.  I'm going to keep you on "The List" as I know you will be there in spirit and I'm sure we will talk about you as if you were with us  8).  Your ears will be burning. :D :D

Get well soon!!!
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Thank You Sponsors!