iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

I will miss meeting you Raider Bill. My condolences to you and your family.  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

I am sorry to hear that Bill. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

boardmaker

You have my sympathy Bill.

Sixacresand

Praying for your Family, Raider Bill
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

K-Guy

I'm sorry for your loss Bill.

I was looking forward to meeting you both.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Deese

Dang Bill, I'm sorry to hear that.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

boardmaker

Jake,

What time is the start time Friday morning?  I may have missed it but this thread is getting so long it'll be tough to go back and find it.

Cedarman

Raider, sorry to hear about Sue Ann's sister.  Our prayers are with you and Sue Ann.

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Cedarman

Looks like I can get away for a few days.
Will see you all on Fri and Sat.
Bringing big chocolate salad dressing cake if I can get Jane to make it tomorrow morning with peanut butter icing.
Don't know what number I will be.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

doc henderson

Hey Jake.  Will the Friday class be outside or in the shop?  I will bring a chair.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

K-Guy

So this is the view this morning as I go outside for my coffee. I have to leave this beautiful Maine spring for the hot weather in Georgia.

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

slider

Sorry for your loss Bill . I look forward to seeing you and Wild Bill each year.
al glenn

Lawg Dawg

I got this job completed today for a liquor store opening tomorrow...so I will definitely be heading to GEORGIA tomorrow!

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

DR Buck

Quote from: Cedarman on April 03, 2019, 03:25:57 PM
Looks like I can get away for a few days.
Will see you all on Fri and Sat.
Bringing big chocolate salad dressing cake if I can get Jane to make it tomorrow morning with peanut butter icing.
Don't know what number I will be.
@Cedarman

Glad you're going to make it Richard.  It will be nice to catch up.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

doc henderson

did they pay you with whiskey?  see you there LD.  looks great!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

Beautiful work, Corey.

Cedarman, you have always been #1 in my book. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I do believe will try to start around 8AM Friday.  At least, I will be ready to go at that time.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

julio

where put me down for Friday. Pam will be there on Saturday ,grill is loaded chicken to be picked up today. 8) 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

customsawyer

Class will be under the pole barn unless Gene would like it somewhere else.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

PA_Walnut

Sadly, I am unable to make it due to work demand at my other business. So, scratch 4.  :-\ :-[

@GeneWengert-WoodDoc, was looking forward to your kiln presentation. Have you (or have you considered) filming it? If you do any closer to me, I would volunteer.

Wishing you all a great event of fun, food and brainstorming.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

ellmoe

I am , unfortunately , going to have to remove my name from the attendance list . My boss has pointed out that we are way behind in orders , have deliveries that need to be made Saturday and mulch to grind Sunday , and customers that need to pick up completed orders on Saturday . He also pointed out that I have a new I-dry waiting for installation and an entire new mill set-up also waiting . Additionally , (sometimes I just hate this guy!) he pointed out that I just returned from a trip to Mooresville , N.C. , attending a Weinig function , and " drug it out ", into a mini-vacation! What can I say , the SOG has some valid points. I really regret not being able to visit with some friends I don't get to see as often as I like , but I do understand you will be getting a surprise visitor that will be taking my place , so don't lower the attendance count . Wish all safe travels and have a good time . Oh yeah , take it easy on the adult beverages Kyle and Dan . I think you two can be a dangerous combination !  ;)
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

WDH

Julio's chicken is the very best.  Worth the trip just for that chicken 8). 

Thank You Sponsors!