iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Are you feeling stressed out again Jake?  :D  Did you ask Darin about the optional sled?   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

Hey take  it easy on Jake! He has 5000 dull blades and needs all the support from us that he can get.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 09, 2019, 07:04:22 PM
Hey take  it easy on Jake! He has 5000 dull blades and needs all the support from us that he can get.
If WDH would quit breaking logs with nails in it Jake would get a break,  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Me and WDH

Me and DanG

Me and Rob ( Tule Peak )

Me and Jeff

Sixacresand

Everybody always says they see something at the project and want to go out and buy one.  I saw what I want   A cool hat like David Poston was wearing.  Amazon has a "wide" selection.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

Looks like a good time, With the short shirts on. Here it's snowing. ::) ;D
Thanks for the pix. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 09, 2019, 08:39:56 PM
Looks like a good time, With the short shirts on. Here it's snowing. ::) ;D
Thanks for the pix. 8)
Ya'll got that BIG Mojo storm coming.

Just Right

Adelli wants a chicken coop . . . . . .yet I dare not tell her your chicken stories Jake Dean!  LMAO
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

YellowHammer

That "Chicken Variant" kiln drying technique isn't generally published in the kiln drying manuals. However, it can be effective, especially under a full moon.  :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

doc henderson

Quote from: MikeySP on April 09, 2019, 11:08:56 AM
Howdy gents. Did anyone film Dr. Gene's presentation?

-Mike
Mike, I did ask.  Furby said he had equipment with enough storage but he did not bring it.  sorry.  Gene has published a ton, and most is available on line.  with the open shed i do not think audio would have been great ect. ect.  hope you can go next year.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

Jake to Danny,"DanG, that load of of white oak is stalled and I cannot get it to dry."  Danny to Jake, "Well, I guess it is time to bring out the chickens....."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

Hi All
I just wanted to thank Jake and Tammy for inviting me to this event. Southern hospitality is very much alive and well!!

Also all who attended, I had a great time meeting you guys and putting faces to the names on here.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

YellowHammer

Stan, 
It was great to meet you.  Thanks for coming!  We learned a lot.
Robert
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

petefrom bearswamp

Greetings from the swamp.
I too wish to thank Jake and Tammy and all who helped make the gathering a great success.
Also the faces to handles and given names.
Got back home yesterday after enjoying the company of all there as well as our friends we visited in Savannah.
Temp 30 degrees and spitting snow here this morning.
The warm temps spoiled us!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Texas Ranger

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on April 09, 2019, 07:13:40 PM
Me and WDH

Me and DanG

Me and Rob ( Tule Peak )

Me and Jeff

DanG, that's a fuzzy bunch!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

tule peak timber

Still fuzzy......Wish I could have talked to more people. What a fun event, my first time. :)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Tom the Sawyer

The information exchange was not only in the shed.  

Jillane's message to Julio...  your pork chop recipe -  smiley_clapping
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tule peak timber

thecfarm

Purple drink again??  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

No.....I've slowed down quite a bit out of self preservation concerns. I don't remember anything purple, just the JD and moonshine. The other memorable moment was arguing with WDH about where JD and JB fit on his bell curve. 8) 8) 8)

customsawyer

Close up pictures of the nice plaque I received from Doc. Henderson.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to sign it. I'm trying to figure out a way to resaw it so I can display both sides at the same time. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Some of those signatures will be worth a fortune one day on Antiques Roadshow ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!