iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Multitek sfp-18 processor

Started by Buck, November 12, 2010, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck

Anybody ever repowered the 25hp kohler with single phase electric?  Curious to know about your experience.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

beenthere

Maybe no one has the experience you asked about....a multitek (firewood) processor with single phase electric.
Sounds like a pretty big order to imagine it.

Maybe 3 phase power.

Have you searched for single phase electric motors that replace 25hp gas or diesel engines?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buck

Yeah probably just wishful thinking.  With my limited experience on the topic, I dont even know if it is possible. 

LOGDOG

Buck,

You could probably use a phase converter to convert the single phase to 3 phase and then you'd have larger motor options available to you. The phase converters aren't that expensive at all these days. In fact Logosol had a killer sale on them just a little while back. I think one of our members up in AR has a 20 h.p. Baldor 3 phase electric motor for sale on the Forum too.  

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buck

Thanks guys, I definitely have some studying to do.

WH_Conley

At 62 amps that will take some serious wiring.
Bill

customdave

They say you need as rule of thumb you need 1.5 hp gas to replace 1 hp electric , so doing the math.... 16.6 hp electric to 25 hp gas , i6 hp is close!,@ 220 volt single phase a pretty fair suck on the amp meter....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!