iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

moving heavy machines around shop

Started by cubdriver55, January 07, 2013, 11:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubdriver55

I have several very heavy machines and no way to set them up and use all of them with room for long boards to come off. I have 2 powermatic 16 in planers   a 36 in sander   and a 3 sided planer moulder that weighs about 1500#.  Does anyone know of a way to put some kind of rollers on them so I can push them out as I am using them?  Thanks

Den Socling

My machines are mostly on the light side but I have just about everything on mobile bases. Grizzly is near by so my equipment comes from them. I buy the base when I buy a machine. The bases bolt together in different configurations. They have 3 models. The lightest is rated at 600 pounds. The heaviest is rated at 1300 lbs.

red oaks lumber

i have a wide belt sander and a 3 hp table saw built on small skids and i move them around with a pallet jack. really works slick
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

I bet that pallet jack does work good. no need to break the wheels on the equipment you are moving,there is none. Need some good wheels too. I would think those cheapy ones the so called rubber part would peel right off. Almost need steel,but than the floor needs to be real clean.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shelbycharger400

buddy's place,  he has 4 ,  1 foot triangles.  they have wheels on the corners.   on the outside corners has eyelets welded to them.   lift one side with a bar, wedge a block under it,  put the 2 corners in,   run a ratchet strap tying side together.  do the other side.  then tie the 2 pairs together.     it is 1 1/2 angle,  1/4 wall if i remember right.
angle up on the outside, the cross piece angle is down so it sits in a corner flat.

I seen them under a 6 foot bed engine lathe.  they work slick.  Cheap too.    He said he has used them to move bridgeports too.    You'll have to wait a few weeks to get a picture, he's out of town. 

Al_Smith

I moved an 1800 pound Bridgeport mill in my shop about 40 feet with just pipe rollers .

I think most heavy duty pallet jacks will handle 4 or 5,000 pounds .The one I have which is made by Crown will handle a ton but lift 4 feet in the air .

Heavy duty casters can be a little pricey but if a person looks around they can be found for a more reasonable price .Flea bay some times .

shelbycharger400

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company has them  in 3 inch for around 5 bux each.  they do work.

I have 3 (usto have 4)   square frame dollys I made out of 2x3 square tubing, 24 in sq.   I put the front end of my 73 charger on one when I was getting rid of it,  and tires on the rear end and pushed the car out the garage myself.    my 4th one is upnorth at a buddys place,  an old refrigerator is sitting on it. 

Al_Smith

Here is one example from a supplier most like on this forum but there are many suppliers so again Google can be your buddy .

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=1-1991-S&catname=wheels

Thank You Sponsors!