iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swiss Steak

Started by pappy19, February 12, 2009, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

I tried this on some elk steaks last night and they were outstanding. Beef, deer or whatever will work just as well.

Swiss Steak

3 tablespoons of ½ cooking oil & ½ olive oil

2 lbs of good round steak sliced thin and pounded/tenderized, then cut into bite sized pieces

3 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour seasoned with 1 T of Old Bay seasoning or Cajun

1 medium onion, chopped

1 lb mushrooms, sliced or large can of same

1 (1.2 ounce) package of brown gravy

1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes

1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles

Heat oil in No. 8  Dutch oven over medium heat. Dredge steak strips in seasoned flour and brown in hot oil. Do not cook through.  Remove browned meat to a warm platter. When all of the meat is browned, return meat to Dutch oven and stir in onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper, gravy mix and stewed tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer 35-45 minutes.

About 20 minutes before steak is finished, fill a large pot with water, 1 teaspoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.

Serve Swiss steak over noodles.

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Tom

It's funny you would post that recipe today.  I had that very same thing last night for supper, but without the tomatoes.  .....and used pork cutlets.   It was good!

ErikC

We had it with bear about a week ago. Pretty much the same recipe. It was a winner.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

sawguy21

One of my favorites too. Heavy on the mushrooms and gravy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!