iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

john deere winch

Started by furltech, July 21, 2016, 11:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

Here i am hat in hand asking for help again .I have a john deƩre 440c and the last couple of days the winch is getting weaker and weaker how do i adjust the pulling power of it if that makes sense .thanks in advance

OneWithWood

check hydraulic fluid and check that the brake band is releasing fully
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

furltech

did that but now i am wondering if operator put hyd 68 in instead of hyd trans allthough it shouldnt make that much difference i wouldnt think because he wouldnt have been able to put much in it

snowstorm

the oil wouldnt matter. if if dosent have the pulling power it had most likely the clutches are slipping

RayMO

Need to pull off left side cover and see if any sign of oil . If piston leaks even tiny bit of oil on clutch discs it will not pull much and will make screeching noise as it slips.
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

furltech

not seeing any oil anywhere i will double check again today

furltech

is there a relief that could bypass or get piece of dirt in anywhere .

furltech

Well i went in this morning and started tearing into the winch there was no oil in there but man it was corroded and packed  up full of rust and corruption that i was amazed that it worked as long as it did .After a massive cleaning job we came to the conclusion that everything was wore to the point it wouldnt even grab so i made  couple of shims and it is good as new for now .I will have to get some clutch disks and spacer and springs i guess but she should hold until the parts get here .Once again thanks for the help guys

Thank You Sponsors!