iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A thought you might want to consider

Started by just_sawing, January 20, 2006, 08:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

In Cookeville Tennessee last week a man got off work with no thought of anything. Got in his truck a full size Crew Cab and headed home with gospel music on the radio. Driving down a country road never saw a large poplur tree off the road fall over from old age. The tree landed on him killing him instantly. When Paramedics removed him from the truck his radio was still playing.
Live large
Live honest
Trust you might not know when the last board you cut will be.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

isassi

Another tragedy....and who knows when??? Several months ago, a 17 year old girl called home and told her dad she was running late getting home (12 a.m. curfew, Saturday night). She called her dad at midnight, and was only 8 miles from home..not a big deal...this is farmland around here. Now the father, a strict disciplinarian, threatened and yelled and screamed and told her to get home or else. 15 minutes later, he decides to go and get her since she didn't take him seriously. He found her, a mile from home, dead in the wreck cause by speed and beer...and she was a great kid. :( This man, after the funeral, related how he felt and what he did.....what if he had been less a ranting tyrant and more a loving father??? He will never get a chance to take back what he said to her and how much it terrified her. Closing thoght: I always tell me kids and my wife I love them, every time I hang up the phone, or drive away...and saying how much I love them whenever, where ever, is something I will never be ashamed above. As the post above suggests, death can find you anytime, anyplace. What would you like your last thoughts to be??? I don't know where the quote originated, but since becoming wiser, I have always tried to remember, every day could be the last day...

isawlogs

Thats a real shame  :( . We always told our kids , that if for any reason they are not in full cappacity to drive there car , no matter what time it is , to call us ... anytime . We will go get them and get the car later . I aint saying its something I like to do , but , it is something I have done and will do again if the call comes in , no fuss about it .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dan_Shade

I lost three friends in highschool that were speeding home to make curfew.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Max sawdust

Quote from: just_sawing on January 20, 2006, 08:16:00 AM
Live large
Live honest
Trust you might not know when the last board you cut will be.
Amen to that.  You never know when your time is up.  Tell your family you love them every chance you get.  Don't fret the little stuff, and enjoy living :)

Quote from: isawlogs on January 20, 2006, 10:10:15 AM
We always told our kids , that if for any reason they are not in full cappacity to drive there car , no matter what time it is , to call us ... anytime . We will go get them and get the car later . I aint saying its something I like to do , but , it is something I have done and will do again if the call comes in , no fuss about it .

My Dad did the same thing for me.  (Only called once or twice, he was there and not much was said.)  I respected that.  Will do it for my kids when they get older.

Had a friend killed driving back from Alaska, about 20 min from home someone decided to commit suicide, by driving into him head on.

Some things you can control other things you can not.  The older I get the more I realize this.
Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

rebocardo

> What would you like your last thoughts to be?

Thank You God for everything.

Two years ago in Atlanta we lost a mother and two kids when a tree squished their SUV in their driveway and a few weeks later another oak fell over and crushed a car flat while the man was driving by in his Chevy.

Last year, a man got killed in his house when a 40" Popular fell over a good 40-50 feet away from his house and when through the roof and crushed him to death while he was sleeping. Healthy tree, just fell over without warning. The good news is the mother had gone downstairs to keep the two girls company during the thunderstorm so they would not be afraid. Otherwise they would be orphans.

You never know.

broker farmer

There was a man from our town that was driving his truck pulling a gooseneck  that drove underneath the interstate highway (under the over  pass) when at the exact moment a tractor trailer rig overturned above him  falling directly from above upon him.  He never knew what hit him.  'Talk about it being your turn to go......

logwalker

Ot here in the western states we do things a little different. The US Froest Service puts out contracts to top a few firs or hemlocks to make wildlife trees. These trees die after they lose their tops and keep a lot of native species happy.

Well a friend and valued member of our community had the contract with a partner. So it was the last day of the season and the last tree of the contract. This fellow climbs the tree and drills a big hole at the right level and sets a explosive charge. That is the way they do it. He climbs down and goes and sits in the cab of his truck to wait for his partner to return so they can blow the top and go home. while he is waiting a sudden strong wind comes from nowhere. It snaps the top and sends it down to land squarely on the cab of truck. It killed our friend instantly.

It was and still is a big shock to everybody that knew him. Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. LW
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Norm

Quote from: isawlogs on January 20, 2006, 10:10:15 AM
Thats a real shame  :( . We always told our kids , that if for any reason they are not in full cappacity to drive there car , no matter what time it is , to call us ... anytime . We will go get them and get the car later . I aint saying its something I like to do , but , it is something I have done and will do again if the call comes in , no fuss about it .

I did the same when my sons were at the age to worry about such things (still do). I also told them that the same went for any of their friends. I kept a phone on the nightstand next my side of the bed for many years, now it's gone.

Skytramp

I have heard too many stories of kids wreaking trying to make curfew,  I allways told mine I would rather be worried than sad and if they found themselves in a bad situation, just call I would come get them, no questions asked.  I had to go get them a couple of times and I did just what I promised, no questions asked.  It was hard to keep quite but they woke up the  next morning in their own bed and safe and sound.
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!